Help me decide on an s/c......

Fallguy

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2002
Wisconsin
I have an 00GT vert. 5 speed.
It's a weekend car only but still want GOOD reliable drivability.
I've done a few bolt on's like Catted X , Cat-back , shifter ect.. but now want to get blown.
I have narrowed it down to 2 choice's (so don't say get a KB :D )

1.Vortech SQ non-cooled

2.Procharger inter-cooled P1SC (I think that's the number)

The car does'nt go to the track & am running on a stock motor so I'm not going to run chit load's of boost either. What ever is effective and safe.I also have no mean's of tuning at a shop since there are non around me at all.

What can a stock motor safely run for boost ? I was thinking up to 9psi ?? Is that correct.

Please give me some feedback. Yes I have done a search and and am posting this myself for my situation , mod's & drivability issue's.

Thank's
Fallguy

• Sponsors (?)

lol ....enough with the KB. Everytime I've talked to them (when I can get through) they have been a$$hole's. Sorry...they won't get my money with service like that.

I would'nt mind the 9 psi kit , but they just are not customer driven IMO. Maybe it's been a bad experience but it's happened more than once. so ....????

Fallguy said:
lol ....enough with the KB. Everytime I've talked to them (when I can get through) they have been a$$hole's. Sorry...they won't get my money with service like that.

I would'nt mind the 9 psi kit , but they just are not customer driven IMO. Maybe it's been a bad experience but it's happened more than once. so ....????

In that case I would definitely go with the Vortech SQ. I've seen enough posts to convince me that ATI seems to have some problems with their seals. Also it would be a real PITA to remove the blower every time you change the oil...

:nice:

If your main concern is reliability then your best bet is to go with the Vortech SQ from Cobra Killer.

It is the tune that will make or break your engine. To date Tim's tune is the safest one out there. Do a search for Cobra Killer and read the great number of testimonials to his tune. :nice:

MUSTNAG 03 said:
If your main concern is reliability then your best bet is to go with the Vortech SQ from Cobra Killer.

It is the tune that will make or break your engine. To date Tim's tune is the safest one out there. Do a search for Cobra Killer and read the great number of testimonials to his tune. :nice:

Look at my sig and you will know which one gets my vote :D .....
Good luck on your choice

Fallguy said:

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with KB's customer service, but is that really a reason to deprive you and your car of some insane power? I understand where you're coming from, but that wouldn't stop me from making the car a BEAST with a KB kit :shrug:

Volldamort said:
I'm sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience with KB's customer service, but is that really a reason to deprive you and your car of some insane power? I understand where you're coming from, but that wouldn't stop me from making the car a BEAST with a KB kit :shrug:

YES...If they don't treat you reasonably before you buy, they certainly won't after you buy... :notnice:

Sam98 said:
In that case I would definitely go with the Vortech SQ. I've seen enough posts to convince me that ATI seems to have some problems with their seals. Also it would be a real PITA to remove the blower every time you change the oil...

I did'nt know you had to remove the blower to change the oil with the P1SC. Can someone elaborate on this ? I never heard of that.

Voll, I can't stop looking at your avatar !! It hypnotic !!

Anyway, yes I can deprive myself from a KB when people treat me like that. I have a ZERO tollerance for crap & attitude like that. A person I talked to said he had to send his KB back 3x for blown seal's . He said KB alway's has the attitude that it's his fault , not their's .
He is very knowledgeable with building Stang's & tuning and know's his stuff. They have been less than cooperative with helping with his problem.

I would get one of Cobra Killer's kits. I have the T-trim version at my house waiting to be installed. I'm ordering an intercooler tomorrow so I have to wait for that to come :(

Tim is one of the best customer orinetated people out there.

Although I'm having some issues with my KB, I would say you should go the KB route. The added power is just awsome. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with their customer service. Thus far, they have been very responsive to my little issue. We are still working on it though.

el_kid_1 said:
Although I'm having some issues with my KB, I would say you should go the KB route. The added power is just awsome. I'm sorry to hear about your negative experience with their customer service. Thus far, they have been very responsive to my little issue. We are still working on it though.

It is exactly this attitude that gives rise to arrogant, condescending, contemptuous customer service people who ship defective products, blame customers for manufacturing defects and then stick it to the consumer by forcing us to pay them to correct their own mistakes. I say flood them with complaints about these jerks until they are sent packing. :chair:

Fortitude and discerning spending is the only weapon we have...