Help me decide on my paint job!!!

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by whitesqual, May 13, 2009.

1. 1. yup
    2. I don't think so. I put the clutch on while the engine was on the cherry picker. everything was new or cleaned off very well(had plenty of time for that!)
    3.yes
    4.not that I can tell, feels fine
    5.god i hope not!
    6.the bolts were the same size as the old ones.:shrug:
    7.maybe 150 miles.

2. well, when I get into it, like getting on the freeway, the clutch slips when I get up to 3500-4000 rpm. It grabs really good off the line though, I can feel a big difference when I am pulling away from a stop. It wants to grab alot harder than my stock clutch did. I figured it would want to slip from a stop more than it would when the clutch is already out and fully engaged.:shrug:

3. are you sure its not the motor surging instead??

4. I guess Im not sure, how can I tell? What would cause that? The rpm jumps but the speedo doesn't.

5. I don't know.. I just know my car surges pretty hard in the midrange..

6. hhmmm, maybe you should drive you car up here so I can take a ride in it so I know what mine is doing!

7. I think i'd die of carbon monoxide poisoning and most definitely be completely deaf by the time i get tehre

8. ahh, just role down the windows!

9. THATS the problem.. Side exhaust with no cats is ROUGH.. I get out of the car wreaking like exhaust.. Rolling the windows down makes it much worse..

10. no good!

11. things like that don't give me a warm and fuzzy feeling about doing my setup.... :(

12. hmm, well at least they look good!

13. Got my front springs in today.

Before
    P1010933.jpg

after
    P1010935.jpg

14. well, more bad news. Found out that my harmonic balancer is bad the hard way. Blew a head gasket. :(

15. That sucks. I just threw mine back together for the same reason. Good days work and it's back on the road.

Not like you need another downfall now though :(

16. Well, you know what they say, when it rains it p.... wait a minute! Thats not rain!

17. :rlaugh::lol:

18. Looks gorgeous man, sorry to hear about the bad breaks though....once it's all sorted out you'llb e loving it

19. Thanks man, I will be looking forward to that day!