Help me decide

since my rear bumper was trashed the other day...insurance has broken down and decided they will cover the damages....since I've been a good little boy....they're giving me about $850....now for the questions

I'd like to go w/ the cobra rear bumper and fill in the lettering like mineral man (I think) did...but I figured I might as well buy a new hood and front bumper while I'm at it...and get em all painted at the same time

If I went w/ the Roush Fascia, would the stock side skirts look too high w/ the cobra bumper out back? I'd buy the full Roush kit, but it doesn't come w/ a rear bumper, which is what I need:nonono:

If I buy the '03-4 cobra front, then I think my car would come off like a clone, being that I have no GT badges on it....so that's a no....but I would like the hood....will it fit decent w/ the roush front?...or will the gap be really noticeable?

I'm up for any suggestions...I've even considered buying the entire Stalker kit from Cervini's...but I've never been a fan of their front bumper....please offer me some advice.:scratch:

• Sponsors (?)

Personally, I prefer the stock FORD look over anything else. If I were you I would do whatever you really want. Who cares if other people think it is a clone. Personally, if I had the same choices for my Stang, I would go all one way, or not all...either everything Cobra, or everything Roush, or that cervani brand. Just make sure you get what you want to get, since it's your car, your opinion is who's really matters. :nice:

I would get a Saleen rear bumper with silver inserts in the back, but it might look odd without most of the kit. As for the front I'd go with the Steeda front splitter and the Q400 hood with silver inserts in it also, but any 03 Cobra or Cobra R stuff is awesome.

I agree w/ 02FbGT about going all or nothing w/ one company/style - no one designs a body kit piece by piece ya know? They throw the whole thing on there and make the body lines work throughout the whole car...a Saleen rear fascia looks sweet in itself, but the cut-outs behind the wheels would throw the whole thing off if you had say, a Roush front end...Personally, I love the Cobra stuff - theres a guy I work with who has the hood on an '01 GT and it looks great. :nice: I'd do the cobra hood and rear fascia w/ filled in lettering...and as for the front - unless you want a clone, leave it alone (wow - I should be a damn poet)

I would go.....Cobra front/rear bumper, Cobra spoiler, and a Cobra R hood FTW! That way, not a total clone, and you get that badass cowl hood! Look sweet with that color.

04YELLOWGT said:
Someplace sells the Cobra rear bumper that has the letters all readey filled in.

Negative.. no company sells this yet.

As for the styling, the COBRA rear bumper does not make the stock side skirts look out of place. The rear bumper doesn't sit any lower than a stock GT rear bumper, so it all lines up together. By adding the Roush front end, it would just look like another mustang with the Roush front end, the side skirts would look OK. I do think that the Roush front end looks much better with the Roush side exhaust setup.. but thats a whole lot of extra $$$.

I get more comments on my rear bumper than I do on having a convertible with a Shaker.

I would go with the cobra stuff and just fill in the bumper. i think that looks damn sexy. i dont think anyone will have anything to say about your car being a clone unless you added the badges as well and even then, it's your car so do what you think looks the best.

BaXTeR3221 said:
I would go with the cobra stuff and just fill in the bumper. i think that looks damn sexy. i dont think anyone will have anything to say about your car being a clone unless you added the badges as well and even then, it's your car so do what you think looks the best.

+1 thats what id do because the cobra looks so good and mineral mans rear bumper looks really good as well

thanks for the opinions....I'm waiting for the insurance check to come in...then I will buy the cobra rear....and a carbon fiber '03 cobra hood...but I still haven't decided if I want to get the Cobra front bumper...I might just have the paint shop freshen up my current front end