Help me im disgracing mustangs everywhere

actually speaking of destroying it.

My car was towed and the dicks towed it from the front with the backend on the ground, they put it in neutral, but still... since then i dont know if its had the same power...

So you guys suggest flushing/cleaning properly the tranny and if that doesn't work lighting it on fire and collecting insurance?

oh no wait, blackbook value is 2 grand less than what i paid :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

PlatinumDevil said:
Damned i thought buying an auto would eleviate the problems of needing new clutches etc... godamned maybe i can sell it to someone, take a loss of a grand, and buy a T/A or camaro... (even tho this car has put me 16,000 in debt, and i can't afford a transmission or a flush for that matter)
Just calm down. Tomorrow is Saturday. Surely you have the time and money to change the flud and filter. It does not cost much at all... :nice:

PlatinumDevil said:
Damned i thought buying an auto would eleviate the problems of needing new clutches etc... godamned maybe i can sell it to someone, take a loss of a grand, and buy a T/A or camaro... (even tho this car has put me 16,000 in debt, and i can't afford a transmission or a flush for that matter)
hurry ...a 1k loss would be worth it...who knows how much it would cost in the future

It needs to be changed if it is a 2000 and the original fluid and filter period.

Also, that towing shiot does not sound good. Someone who knows more than me will probably comment on that...

so just out of curiosity, how often should a tranny be flushed... i've searched everywhere and can't find an answer (i didnt get the paper that lists time intervals to do stuff... only got the owners manual, and for some awesome reason that infos not listed in there)

im assuming towing it would have destroyed the gears, maybe hurt the tranny i dont know, they left the driveshaft connected too.

They towed my 2000 GT from the front (in neutral; it was 5-spd); it was fine. Also, instead of a flush, just drain/refill the tranny fluid and replace the filter. Also, drop the pan and clean it out. I've heard the flushing could actually be bad; it could force metal particle into the valvebodies. If I'm wrong, please somebody correct me; this is what my father-in-law told me (he's a mechanic, so I trust him, but if anyone has a different opinion I'd like to know).

Also, you would be surprised at the difference fresh clean fluid makes; one time I had a Mazda 626 that wouldn't go into 3rd gear (90000 miles). I drained/refilled fluid 3 times, and it ran fine, right until I had a close encounter with a new Caddy.

You can tow an auto in neutral with no problems. Provided they didn't go down the freeway and went a couple miles. I think they say to keep it under 25mph. And I'm with starchman, clean fluid makes a world of difference. Just make sure everything is cleaned out of the pan before you put it back on.

slow96mustang said:
also.... i would not trust the g tech. we've screwed around with one in a few different cars at the track. they always give way off readings.

Some of the old G-tech Pro's were a little wacky, but the new G-tech Comp's SS and RR models are very good. If you set the roll out to the same as how you are staging at the track, the times are near identical. I take mine to the track all the time. Very impressive.

slow96mustang said:
also.... i would not trust the g tech. we've screwed around with one in a few different cars at the track. they always give way off readings.

and launching a auto is hard. obviously if its slow, just floor it. but when you get some gears, and just street tires and no nothing else, traction controll might help you out a little. but for not useing traction controll, you really gotta try to just roll into it as fast as possiable. ive found if i take off about 1/4 throttle, and after it "chirps", then i go 3/4, and it'll chirp again, then floor it. that works preety good. good enough to hang with lt1's off the line and down the road.
my car that i know of has a tune, x pipe, and 4.10's with uca/lca's.
still think theres more in her then just those mods tho. i bought it and was havin preety good luck with it.

i have never had a problem with g-techs. never used it on my mustang but i have used it on other cars.

first thing.. you have too find a level 1/4 mile too run on. and the other thing is the g-tech meaaures the 1/4 trap speed different. at the track it's a trap speed. and the g-tech gives a top speed right at the 1/4 marker.

starchman said:
I've heard the flushing could actually be bad; it could force metal particle into the valvebodies.

this is true. i have seen a few of those flush products do damage. the only flush i have seen that works is the fuel injection one. i used the BG fuel injection flush on a 94 5.o gt that was bogging and missing bad. cleared it right up. so that thing must work.