Help me make the right decision...

fiveohwblow

Official Member
Jul 21, 2005
I just recently purchased a set of TFS Twisted Wedge heads and am going to be installing them soon. I have an offer to purchase a set of new and never used Comp Cams Pro Magnum rocker arms, 1.6:1 ratio and the lifters are Comp Cams Hi Tech lifters. With a supercharged application at only app 9 lbs of boost would these be sufficient? Any suggestions from you experienced guys will help. Oh and yes, I will be retaining the stock pistons. Thanks guys!

BTW, I originally posted this in the talk section, but no one wanted to respond. I am hoping someone with "technical" advice will give me the details and specs as to why these would be good for my combo or not. For combo see sig.

• Sponsors (?)

What is your definitian of sufficient? Yes, a set of 205 series heads would outflow them and probally make more power, but with your combo, I would be asking "is my block going to be sufficient?" I've seen combo's similar to yours, and they had enough to break the block.

My question was in regards to the roller rockers and the lifters, not the heads. I am almost certain my stock block will be sufficient as it would have to add over 100 hp at the rear wheels to be past what everyone considers these blocks to be capable of. For some reason I feel my numbers are a bit low... My question was are these rockers going to be able to handle my combo. The reason is the owner of them said they may not be tough enough. Someone in the talk section, the only one to post, said they are some of the best on the market. Thanks for your input.

The Comp Pro Magnums are probally one of the toughest. They are steel, while most are alumimum, they just use design to make up for the heavier material and are actually lighter at the valve, which I have seen independent studies where they were rated as the best MM&FF were testing valvetrain components with the focus on the beehive springs, and they had best results with the Comp Pro Magnums. People are using them on solid roller combo's a lot, which are putting a hell of a lot more stress on them than a hydrolic setup.

Maby they are talking about the stud setup of the rockers. Even then, I doubt you'll have any issues.

90mustangGT said:
The Comp Pro Magnums are probally one of the toughest. They are steel, while most are alumimum, they just use design to make up for the heavier material and are actually lighter at the valve, which I have seen independent studies where they were rated as the best MM&FF were testing valvetrain components with the focus on the beehive springs, and they had best results with the Comp Pro Magnums. People are using them on solid roller combo's a lot, which are putting a hell of a lot more stress on them than a hydrolic setup.

Maby they are talking about the stud setup of the rockers. Even then, I doubt you'll have any issues.
AWESOME! Just the info I was looking for. I appreciate your help. Guess I will be contacting him to make a purchase...:nice: