help me pick a supercharger

romgolferman said:
I have a 2000 stang. what supercharger is the best? which one is the cheapest? what else would i have to do to my car if i got a s/c.
The Supercharger is just half the cost. Injectors, spark plugs, tune, chip, clutch, flywheel, Maf calibration or new maf, fuel pump or boost a pump just to get your car running. :cheers:

• Sponsors (?)

xseler8 said:
Cheap supercharger? Where can I get one? I have an ATI 8# 3 core installed/tuned $6200+tx..+boost gauge+sub frames+suspension+tires.

Was that one heck of an "install" charge? Isn't the ATI 8# 3 core kit pretty complete (with chip)...for about $4100? And being that you had it "tuned" shouldn't it have been less when you figure in the *chip delete* price?

http://modularpowerhouse.com/forums/showthread.php?p=170243

Good Read on a guys car from MPH... He's had experience with centi and twin screw.

On the street the K/B is blast to drive because it comes on so fast.
The Novi provides both worlds on the street: the ability to be docile or wild...
I think the K/B gives more fun factor on the street.

At the track the K/B is very strong out of the hole (not that the other set-up was slouch)..but this is much stronger...almost violent...Its like sitting at a traffic light and getting hit in the rear by a big truck. It pulls very strong to the 1/8 mile mark and then the "feeling" is flat...by that I mean like driving a 5 speed in 4th gear and lifting your foot a bit until the car runs at a consistant speed and pulls at a consistent pull. Make sense? With the Novi it leaves hard but not as hard.....BUT at the 1/8 mile that thing is pulling so hard that I wouold laugh sometimes at how hard it was to get my hand on the shifter in 3rd to get it to shift to 4th. At the 1/8 mile mark the thing was pulling so hard it reminded me of a big block torino or chevelle...The front of the car is up and she's pulling to the moon.....I definitely noticed the flat feeling at mid track with the K/B...it was noticable...again not that it was a slouch there either, but that the very hard [increasing] pulling feeling was not there...I can see that as the perfect spot for a shot of NOS :). which one is best? Hard to say! I know this though...2 equally prepared cars with same peak HP and equal drivers, then the race is reduced to 2 factors: average HP and 60 ft. Presuming same average HP which could come more early or more late, then the race is reduced to 60ft. Most racers believe the race is reduced to the 60ft anyway.....with that said.....I believe one excels over the other at the 60 ft...Too bad the class of racing build just for 2 valve (NMRA Real Street) wont allow the roots/twins screw blowers...I dont understand that at all...
These are my impressions and not intended to offend anyone because of their choice or opinions....
Dave...................................GI Joe

White Stang said:
The Supercharger is just half the cost. Injectors, spark plugs, tune, chip, clutch, flywheel, Maf calibration or new maf, fuel pump or boost a pump just to get your car running. :cheers:

I paid $4900 for my Supercharger but a lot of the other parts that you mention aren't an "option" for my application. I did opt for the Cool air kit, 90mm meter, Big tube and 75mm TB though for about $900 extra.

I was sitting around $5500 for the polished(polished is $650 more than the regular) KB + all accessories(90mm MAF, Big Tube/Cool air kit, etc). Oh and that includes the $100 set of Denso Iridium spark plugs. I had a pretty savvy friend do the instal for me for $200 :nice:

Being able to play with modified 03/04 Cobras from a stoplight.. PRICELESS :lol:
KB-side.jpg

Attachments

• KB-side.jpg
    KB-side.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 29
Get a KB and get away from the ugly plastic intake manifold. And with a Twin Screw (or even a Roots blower) ...it doesn't look like you're runnining some sort of funky dual AC system under the hood. :rolleyes:

GitDat said:
I was sitting around $5500 for the polished(polished is $650 more than the regular) KB + all accessories(90mm MAF, Big Tube/Cool air kit, etc). Oh and that includes the $100 set of Denso Iridium spark plugs. I had a pretty savvy friend do the instal for me for $200 :nice:

Being able to play with modified 03/04 Cobras from a stoplight.. PRICELESS :lol:
KB-side.jpg

Man that looks super sweet.

Attachments

• KB-side.jpg
    KB-side.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 34
BuffaloZone said:
Was that one heck of an "install" charge? Isn't the ATI 8# 3 core kit pretty complete (with chip)...for about $4100? And being that you had it "tuned" shouldn't it have been less when you figure in the *chip delete* price?
polished ATI P1SC w/intercooler +MAF,Cobra Fuel Pump,42#inj($4700) installation($1000) tune( $500) I went to "the shop to go to" and got a hack job that had to be re-tuned and a few other damaged parts replaced(went to Kauffmans for the retune). It cost more than the stated price.BE REAL SELECTIVE when choosing a performance shop. If you can handle their price & the job gets done correctly the 1st time,you got your monies worth.

GitDat said:

KB-side.jpg
GitDat Looks Great ! I haven't seen my car in 3 months !

Attachments

• KB-side.jpg
    KB-side.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 39
o3redfire said:
GitDat Looks Great ! I haven't seen my car in 3 months !

KB's just look awesome. Even figuring in the price, performance potential and all the other reasons for even considering a centrifugal supercharger...I wouldn't even think about putting one in a pre-2005 4.6 Mustang. The messy stock style intake and upper intake are just an eyesore deluxe. That's why I chose the KB - the 2005 is a different story and on that pretty thing...I would put a centrifugal charger on it. JMO.

BuffaloZone said:
KB's just look awesome. Even figuring in the price, performance potential and all the other reasons for even considering a centrifugal supercharger...I wouldn't even think about putting one in a pre-2005 4.6 Mustang. The messy stock style intake and upper intake are just an eyesore deluxe. That's why I chose the KB - the 2005 is a different story and on that pretty thing...I would put a centrifugal charger on it. JMO.

wouldnt be doin for the looks

I dunno....I think xseler8 and White Stang's set up looks every bit as sexy as the KB. Besides, looks are subjective. In the end, it's still a lot of dough to spend for a "pretty" looking blower, even if it does perform well.