Help me pick an exhaust

I'm telling you that car has a snarling, racey sound that I have yet to hear on any other 5.0 with Magnaflows. It just goes to show that the entire setup makes a difference. I'm running Magnaflows on both my cars and I am not thrilled at all. lol I do prefer them for my daily ('92) simply because I wanted the quietest muffler I could get for the money.

For my '90 I will be going back to chambered but not before I upgrade to a high-quality, stainless steel, true X-pipe. I don't care for the "pitter-patter" idle but it's not a deal breaker.

I think the big part is like mentioned above, the Dr. Gas X pipe. It's a true X, not a clamshell design like BBK or Bassani sell. It's basically two 45 degree bends saimesed together. I think the clamshell style X's sound more like Pro Chambers to me, or even closer to an H than a real X sounds. The rest of the exhaust is just some old rusty Mac full lengths.

This'll sound crazy, but as soon as i'm able, i'm gonna put on two different brand/style mufflers and see what it sounds like. It'll probably suck but i like doing things different and who knows it might sound awesome.

• Sponsors (?)

I think the big part is like mentioned above, the Dr. Gas X pipe. It's a true X, not a clamshell design like BBK or Bassani sell. It's basically two 45 degree bends saimesed together. I think the clamshell style X's sound more like Pro Chambers to me, or even closer to an H than a real X sounds. The rest of the exhaust is just some old rusty Mac full lengths.
I agree. I'm hoping a better X-pipe will clean up the note a bit. Apparently the Dr. Gas X will bolt-up to BBK LT's so that's what I'm going with. I'm curious to hear how the two different mufflers will sound. lol

This'll sound crazy, but as soon as i'm able, i'm gonna put on two different brand/style mufflers and see what it sounds like. It'll probably suck but i like doing things different and who knows it might sound awesome.

i agree, here is my buddy geoffs car YouTube - Revvvv teh Engines and pull into teh Garage! dr gas x pipe and not mufflers, sexiest sound IMO