• Dark Red Transparent

Votes: 7 43.8%

• Total voters

66 BLAKE 96

Native Texican
Founding Member
Feb 16, 2001
Cowtown
First of all, the flames are a done deal as far as going with them or not, so if you'd rather see no flame job on the car, keep that opinion to yourself. :)

Here's the quandry:
I want something subtle (no white-yellow-orange-red blend) accent, so I've always thought I'd go with ghost flames. While doing research, I ran into another look that is just too cool. With the ghost, the flames would only be visible under certain lighting conditions, looking like the same color (in my case black) with a pearl finish to it in the shape of the flame. With the red (I'm thinking a wine/burgandy, not orange at all), it is certainly more subtle than a traditional flame job, but stands out more than the ghost flames.

It's hard to find good pics of ghost flames, so these harley parts will have to do:
samples.338.1.jpg

Red (minus the skull, of course)
customers_bikes.1046.1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Pakrat said:
I guess I have no comment then. :rolleyes: (J/K bud)

Well, I guess for me it matters on wether or not your interior is staying red. If so then I say red, if changing to black then I like the subtle Ghosting better, maybe even with a touch of silver to pick out the chrome more. Are you still shaving things off too?

Heheh, the interior is already all black, so there is really no red on the car anymore. I had the same thought with the silver. I'm shaving front and rear bumper guards, antenna, pony and corral in the grill, and the F-O-R-D lettering in the hood. Everything else stays.

Here's the interior now:
14394NewBlackInterior2.jpg

66 BLAKE 96 said:
Heheh, the interior is already all black, so there is really no red on the car anymore. I had the same thought with the silver. I'm shaving front and rear bumper guards, antenna, pony and corral in the grill, and the F-O-R-D lettering in the hood. Everything else stays.

Here's the interior now:
14394NewBlackInterior2.jpg

Guess I would have known that if had looked at your sig, duh. I still think both look great, but with a black on black I think it will look cleaner and meaner without the red, so I will now vote for ghost. Sounds Awesome though, I'm surprised you aren't shaving the tail lights too. Can't wait to see it done, I have been putting fresh paint off for too long now.

Can I split the middle, do the gost flame with a red pearl. It would be subtle yet at some point it would stand out. Red flames like on the bike pict gosted in would be slick. We got bored one night and gosted in a stripe on my 65 the car is caspin blue and we gosted in some purple off a kia. It does not stand out untill you get just right on it and then its still subtle. But the red flames on a black would look sharp.

I voted DRT just to make it even at 50%-50%, LOL!! :jester:

I agree a combo of the two would look pretty sweet.

Do a red pearl ghost in real flame style (I guess its called tru flame, you can see it at killerpaint.com ) and then do a black pearl over everything, what about that? Can't visualize it? I can't show you a pic because it's never been done.

Larry

I have to say the red ghost flames look really nice, good contrast to the black, but the silver may fit your overall color scheme better. I still have to say personally I love the red flames.

BTW what seat are those? they look really nice and I have been in the market for seats for a while, just not sure what direction I want to go.

cardude said:
I have to say the red ghost flames look really nice, good contrast to the black, but the silver may fit your overall color scheme better. I still have to say personally I love the red flames.

BTW what seat are those? they look really nice and I have been in the market for seats for a while, just not sure what direction I want to go.

Yeah, this is proving to be a real tough one. I think the bottom line is that there is not a bad choice here. :nice:

The seats are some ebay cheapies. There was some fabrication involved in getting them to fit, but it wasn't hard. The reason I went with these was that they were affordable, more sporting, and best of all, had no logos plastered on them.