Help me quiet my stang down

JimTMich

Mar 20, 2003
Michigan
My ears are ringing after my ride to work in my new to me 04 gt.
It has borla stinger catback, stock h pipe, cai.

How can I quiet this thing down? The drone is way too lound and although it sounds great at WOT, it's too loud for me for every day.

I have a catted MAC x pipe to put in, but now way it's going in like this.

So should I have flows 3 chamber 50's welded in?
or some Borla xs?
or steeda sleeper?
or find a stock cat back?

• Sponsors (?)

yea, with my o/r pipe I have already gotten 2 loud and excessive tickets from the pricks of The Missouri State Highway Patrol, one told me "thats almost as loud as a harley" so sarcasm hits me pretty hard there. I need a quieter muffler. Currently running 40's dronemasters, and mac long tubes are on the way.

Mustangl3 said:
You dont know what loud is, but the 40 series would be quiet with the stock h-pipe.
I will have no part in quieting down a Mustang! LOL j/k!

I have a convertable and they are much louder inside than a coupe. Heck I've got a stock exhaust system except the 40's...I'll trade ya! I was thinking of adding a Pro Chamber and then having a muffler shop make up some custom dumps! That should scare off all the cats in the neighborhood! Woohoo!

I want my stang to thunder :spot:

with adding longtubes I think I am going to purchase a short catted pipe, after being told I could get a large fine for having an off/road pipe on my vechical. The bad part about dumped 40's with o/r pipe is that after about a 20 min ride I have a headache from the noise.

Orions98GT said:
with adding longtubes I think I am going to purchase a short catted pipe, after being told I could get a large fine for having an off/road pipe on my vechical. The bad part about dumped 40's with o/r pipe is that after about a 20 min ride I have a headache from the noise.
:banana:
Cool! :spot:
:banana:

I won't have any rice that wants to race me then! :owned: