Help me spend 1k for mods.

Redfire03GT

Sep 10, 2003
Newark, CA.
Now there are several different angles I'm trying to cover all at once. Each of which show a rather obvious benefit but each has it's draw backs for me.

Here are the options I'm considering;

1) Pullies, T/A, 4.10's, speed cal
2) Cams + install
3) Lakewood 90/10 struts + 50/50 shocks, Eibach Drag Springs, steeda alum. lower control arms, 4.10's, speed cal
4) Alum. Flywheel, Alum. driveshaft, lightweight k-member + a-arms.
4) JBA Shorties + install

The most major drawback I have at this point, is time. The second, is that a lot of it will need to be installed by someone else, because of my lack of time. Which inflates the cost of everything, sort of. So, with this stuff in mind, which will give me the best bang for my buck w/ only this much to spend?

• Sponsors (?)

Matt, you know better with the power you're making right now you need to put it to the wheels. Of course #3

btw, i got a the same MAF/inlet pipe kit for $150 off someone that used it for a month. hehe. and my ud's, steeda clutch quadrant,cable, firewall adjuster, J&M c/c plates are coming tomorrow.

If I had to do it all again, I would skip all the bolt ons and go straight for the blower. Now with that outta the way, dont forget to add:

I would go, pullies, t/a, plenum, tb, gears, alum d/s, and speedcal. You should be able to install all yourself in a weekend with basic tools (minus the gears) which would save a bunch of money, and all are proven hp mods.

Out of curiosity, what is the set up of your car now seeing as you have the numbers in your sig without a t/a, pullies, or headers? Other than that looks like you have a whole new car on your hands :nice:

I don't think a blower is ever going to fit into my plans. My car seems to make a lot of power with hardly anything done to it, if need be, I'll just throw on a couple more mods that add power and call it a day. There's people with less hp/tq than me who have some impressive 1/4 times.

01BlkGT said:
If I had to do it all again, I would skip all the bolt ons and go straight for the blower. Now with that outta the way, dont forget to add:

I would go, pullies, t/a, plenum, tb, gears, alum d/s, and speedcal. You should be able to install all yourself in a weekend with basic tools (minus the gears) which would save a bunch of money, and all are proven hp mods.

Out of curiosity, what is the set up of your car now seeing as you have the numbers in your sig without a t/a, pullies, or headers? Other than that looks like you have a whole new car on your hands :nice:

only power mods he has are Maf, Inlet pipe, BBK 75mm TB, C&L Plenum, Prochamber, Flowmasters.

Surprising how much HP he has huh?

Yeah, I dont have a whole lot of mods at all. I've spent about 700 bux total on it. I figure with a tune, pullies, long tubes, heads, cams, etc... if I were to go that far, should get me easily into the 300+ but, I don't know if I'll even bother to go that far, we'll see. For now, I guess my biggest issue is putting that power where it counts. Although, if there are anymore important mods before hitting the suspension, I'll take care of that, first.

I live in CA.

My concern is the ability to quickly swap out a part at little to no cost to myself when emissions time rolls around. Heads/Cams also pose a problem with that, so I'd have to get a set up, unfortunately, tame enough, to pass CA nazi smog tests.