Help me with BLOWER parts!!!!

ADRENLN

Apr 16, 2003
NJ
hey guys. i tried to email mph about some novi2000 info but they didnt respond. so i wound up talking to the guy from superchargersonline.com. he's is giving me the best price on what i need. however, it is just the novi2000 tuner kit.

this means it doesnt come with other components that i will need which is fine.

here lies my dilema. i need you guys to help me figure out exactly what other parts i will need and what it will cost me. then i can figure out if it is infact the best deal.

im doing the fuel system so dont count that. what i will need is a bigger maf, injectors to match, and i guess spark plugs. i just going by what came with the mph mongoose kits. they include it so i guess i will need it.

i want to run about 14psi, which should put me between 450-500rwhp. first what size injectors? i thought 60#. then what maf do i need to match that and who calabrales them.

what about plugs? are they required or can i just use stockers at that power? how about iat sensor?

also is the smallest pully size 3.1 before i start getting belt slip and dust?

if so about what psi will that give me after looseing boost through the heads/cams and intercooler?

sorry so long but i have to know this info...thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

do you guys think i will need an 8 rib set up? i thought i could run a 3.1 pully on the stock 6 rib? will i need a shorter belt or will the stocker work with the 3.1?

ADRENLN said:
hey guys. i tried to email mph about some novi2000 info but they didnt respond. so i wound up talking to the guy from superchargersonline.com. he's is giving me the best price on what i need. however, it is just the novi2000 tuner kit.

this means it doesnt come with other components that i will need which is fine.

here lies my dilema. i need you guys to help me figure out exactly what other parts i will need and what it will cost me. then i can figure out if it is infact the best deal.

im doing the fuel system so dont count that. what i will need is a bigger maf, injectors to match, and i guess spark plugs. i just going by what came with the mph mongoose kits. they include it so i guess i will need it.

i want to run about 14psi, which should put me between 450-500rwhp. first what size injectors? i thought 60#. then what maf do i need to match that and who calabrales them.

what about plugs? are they required or can i just use stockers at that power? how about iat sensor?

also is the smallest pully size 3.1 before i start getting belt slip and dust?

if so about what psi will that give me after looseing boost through the heads/cams and intercooler?

sorry so long but i have to know this info...thanks guys!

Don't get confused with MAF's calibrated to injectors. Although some aftermarket MAF's do that, it isn't what you want, because it screws up the load calulations. The SCT MAF's will be good for that power level, and you will need a tune to calibrate the injector size.

you can find a used Lightning MAF and add a MAFx to it for your power levels.
55 or 60 injectors will work.
If you have the cash up front, just do the 8-rib conversion.
Some will say that you can put your own kit together for much cheaper than teh GI-JOE kit, but when I attempted, it wasn't much cheaper and there were a lot of headavhes associated with it. His kits are perfect and save much time.

2001sleeper said:
you can find a used Lightning MAF and add a MAFx to it for your power levels.
Again, another wrong way to do it. MAFx, MAFia and those other products are band aid fixes and are designed to "trick" the eec. Tricking the eec means the load calulations it does will be wrong. The right way to do it is to use a MAF that will flow the amount of air you need it to without saturating, and add its transfer curve to the eec.

ok so i will go with the sct maf and 60 injectors! i know the price of the 60# but around what does the sct maf run?

where can i find the GI joe kit?

im just not going through mph anymore, superchargersonline is saving me alot of cash. i will get my injectors and whatever else i can from them. that i can just call and order from them rather then ask tim a bunch of questions.

thanks guys.

ADRENLN said:
ok so i will go with the sct maf and 60 injectors! i know the price of the 60# but around what does the sct maf run?

where can i find the GI joe kit?

im just not going through mph anymore, superchargersonline is saving me alot of cash. i will get my injectors and whatever else i can from them. that i can just call and order from them rather then ask tim a bunch of questions.

thanks guys.

http://www.sctflash.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=5

http://www.bggperformance.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=7&zenid=ae5be780e01152c8fc200f972b54bad6

Are you going to install this stuff yourself and then take the car to a tuner? Im sortof in the same boat if thats the case. I removed my 42# injectors after realizing the car would run INCREDIBLY rich since my 19# injectors were probably almost maxed...the pulse width on the 42s would be that of my 19s and would be flooding the car. Or so I gather. I also changed to a BA 2400, I just hope that doesnt mess anything up with how much fuel the injectors spray.

Ill let you know how the 1000 mile trip goes LOL...and ill probably start driving it to work in 2 weeks to break in the clutch and check reliabilty too.

hotmustang331 said:
Are you going to install this stuff yourself and then take the car to a tuner? Im sortof in the same boat if thats the case. I removed my 42# injectors after realizing the car would run INCREDIBLY rich since my 19# injectors were probably almost maxed...the pulse width on the 42s would be that of my 19s and would be flooding the car. Or so I gather. I also changed to a BA 2400, I just hope that doesnt mess anything up with how much fuel the injectors spray.

Ill let you know how the 1000 mile trip goes LOL...and ill probably start driving it to work in 2 weeks to break in the clutch and check reliabilty too.

without a tune the MAF is going to lean you out. Basically your new maf, and the stock maf have a voltage range of 0 to 5volts. But the BA 2400 flows much more air at the same voltage. The eec doesn't know that until you have the curve added to the tune. Your best bet is to run the stok maf and injectors until you get there.

Yea im sure it is :lol: . Thats good that you dont have to deal with this other crap that I do lol. You should really be glad you dont have to deal with a turbo setup...WOW seriously involved, and then with certain retards not giving me all of my products, it just gets crazy. I need to go order more pipe right now actually.....

Thanks Jstreet :nice: . if I can find my stock meter ill see if it will fit in the piping (it should) and clamp it in. If not I MAY have to put the 42s in and see if the MAF is leaning it out enough so as to not to over fuel the motor. Again, I appreciate the info :)

the link posted for the maf says ba 2800 not 2400. is is the right one? im just saving all the links i need to favorites untill its time to order so i have to make sure they are the right parts.:D

also if i buy the gi joe kit which i think i will now, do all the pullies have to be 8 rib......like the blower pully? because superchargersonline said they will swap any size pully i want but i dont think it will be an 8 rib?

also how will the 8 rib affect my a/c delete kit? will that be ok do you think?

BA 2800 isnt as fine tuned for DD and from what I hear offers less drivabilty. Since its still uses the same 0-5V range, its harder for the computer to adjust for slight variations in airflow while @ part throttle because the voltage signal will barely change. Its designed for very high HP cars.

The BA 2400 will support up to around 575RWHP...thats more than enough for you Adrenln, unless your wanting more power than your telling us :nice: . You want to choose the MAF thats in your power range...i have never experianced the difference in driving, but this is what I have read.

Not to shamelessly plug my sale thread, but...

That's an awful lot of power to run through a stock block (you are running a stock block, right?)

I do have a complete BRAND NEW vortech sq setup for sale on this board that includes EVERYTHING you need.

Ehh yea it is, but im planning on sending 475-520 through mine with a stock shortblock...depends on the tune completely. I think that detonation is what really kills S/C engines, not so much HP...as long as the tune is SUPER safe I think it will be fine.

Besides, Adrenln didnt say it, but he is buying a forged motor 1st I believe. If he runs the S/C first, I dont think he plans on sending 14PSI through it.