HELP! Minor Tire Emergency!

ImportEater98

Mar 17, 2003
Worcester, MA
Well i got my rear 15x10 draglites (6.5 b.s.) in today, along with my new tires. I ordered 28x11.5x15 Hoosier Quick Time Pro's and i received 28x13.5x15 instead. They are nice tires, and i would love to put that size on, but is it possible to fit? I already have eliminated the quad shocks with tube upper and lowers, and i have no problems running dumps if the pipes are in the way. I read the article on here about fitting my size rims with 275/50/15 BFG Drag Radials with some massaging. I have an oxy/acetylene torch and a 5lb sledge to bend the inner fender and roll the outer lip...but...are they going to fit if i do all that, or should i send them back? The tread width is approx 1 inch wider than the Drag radials mentioned above. HELP!
Thanks
-John

• Sponsors (?)

Hhmm well 25.4mm is an inch so 275 + 25.4 is about 300mm wide. I have some 295/50/15's on the same size wheel with the same backspacing and got it to fit. It is really close with the stock height in the back but if you have lca's then i think itd fit better if you lower the back of the car,... thats what im doing. All it takes is a sledge and some beating.

It has been done!
I pounded the crap outta both wheel wells, relocated the e-brake cable, ran a 1/4" spacer and vwalah! They fit. No rubbing, no problems.....just can't break em loose lol. Attached are some pics...tell me what you think!
Thanks for the help,
John

Attachments

• chris small.JPG
    chris small.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 251
  • smaller fit.JPG
    smaller fit.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 244