help!!!my car shut off ....any idea's?

shane93nc

Apr 18, 2003
charlotte,nc
its not my mustang...but my 2000 expedtion(same motor as the mustang).well yesturday when i got work it wouldnt start when i first turned the key.but when i tried again it did start.well today my wife was going to the store and when she tried top start it....it did the same thing...it would start and cut off.i tried it and it wouldn't stay cranked for me.i put my foot on the gas annd kept it craked while i put it in gear to pull it forward.after i stopped the truck it stayed cranked...but the idle was alittle high.i shut it off and it cranked right back up................and idea's on this?thanks ohh ya...the truck has 73,000 miles on it.

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think that is the case. I am sure most folks have ideas but it could be so many things...

Do you or the wife have a heavy key ring? It could be that the ignition switch is worn form the weight of a lot of keys. Well, it could be that simple!!

Bo

DC-GT said:
I don't think that is the case. I am sure most folks have ideas but it could be so many things...

Do you or the wife have a heavy key ring? It could be that the ignition switch is worn form the weight of a lot of keys. Well, it could be that simple!!

Bo
the truck starts,but cuts right off.so its not the key switch,i'm thinking its something on top of the intake that needs cleaning because i have seen a few posts on the boards from guys with the same problems i;m having.well thanks for your input.