HELP...my Centerforce sucks

chuckystang

Jul 12, 2004
hey I wanted to know if anyone knew what could be wrong with my 99 cobra, I have a dual friction CF clutch that has under 10k on it with no racing, a new adjustable cable went in as well shortly before the install of the clutch. I also had the pros put in a CF throwout bearing as well. But here is my problem, I am actually already started to feel the clutch slip, and I can hear faint chirping noises but then disapears when I push the clutch down. I also have always (since I got the CF) heard a very faint low pitch grinding noise when I begin to slowly accelerate below 2 grand. I took it back to the place, but they insist its all normal, and even though my car is driving, I know something is not right. I would just like to know if there is anything I need to know so I can sound more intelligent when I go complaining haha.. thanks alot :D

• Sponsors (?)

Everyone I've known that has had a Centerforce hasn't liked it and it hasn't lasted very long...

I'd try a Spec next time...I haven't had a problem with my Stage II yet and I've put probably over 120 4-5k launches on it over the past 2 years...still grabs as hard as the day it was installed...

thanks for the advice, i wish i had gone with a spec stage 2, i heard there really good on the high reving 4v's. a freind of mine has a centerforce and it is gone and is only a year old. Im really starting to notice how many people have not liked it, but there are so many positive reviews out there on sites like this. Would you say that a spec stage 2 or a stock cobra clutch would be best for a stock 99 cobra, with maybe the addition of 410 gears?