Help! My odometer stopped turning ... what could it be?

Discussion in 'SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech' started by 96StangGT1020, Oct 7, 2005.

1. My odometer is stuck. What could it be?

What's up guys.

I have a '96 GT 4.6 li Automatic. My odometer, for some Godly reason, got stuck and is not turning anymore. Neither my trip nor the odometer are both not working. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions on what it could be? Expensive to fix?

Thanks guys,

96StangGT1020

2. What's up guys.

I have a '96 GT 4.6 li Automatic. My odometer, for some Godly reason, got stuck and is not turning anymore. Neither my trip nor the odometer are both not working. Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions on what it could be? Expensive to fix?

Thanks guys,

96StangGT1020

3. 1. Turn off the bold.
    2. Have you done a gear swap?
    3. Is your speedometer still working?

4. I haven't done anything to the car. It just all of a sudden stopped. The speedometer is still working. Everything but the odometer and the trip is working.

5. mine did the same thing. it was the gear inside the cluster that broke.. took me only 15 min to fix...

6. posted in the other one...

7. A blessing.

Jross0120 likes this.
  8. Don't fix it!!! :D

9. does your speedo work? if not, your speedo cable may have snapped. I had the same prollem in my '90 GT. otherwise...:shrug:

10. whats the mileage? maybe it's been tampered with. How long you've had it?

11. Your traped in time! DEJAVU i think i seen this post before...........hmmmmmmmmmmm TIME MACHINE!

12. Awww shucks.. a broken odometer, but the speedo still works. I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to fix that little guy.