HELP NEEDED

Help!

Ok, so my fox wont start, i tried replacing the battery, the starter solenoid, and still nothing. Itll turn on it i bypass the solenoid with pliers. but it just wont crank up. I turn the key, the fan turns on, the fuel pump turns on, but when i crank it up, it doesnt do anything. no clicking and my light dims bit. i dont get it. I even had it hooked to a jump starter. Could it be the neutral safety switch? and if so, where is it at? Im assuming the 5.0 and 2.3's have it in the same spot.

• Sponsors (?)

If your jumping it like you say, it might be that little wire on the solinoid? It's between the 2 big posts on it,try that make sure it's connected good and see if it will light off then? The netural safty switch is on the trans,mine isnt installed on the trans so it starts in gear with no clutch!Oh BTW there is almost 0 activity in here so i think it needs moved back to 5.0 talk. peace

john:p

Check the trigger wire (small wire on solenoid) and see if it gets power when you turn the key to crank, could be a bad ignition switch or Neutral safety switch. I would try jumpering a wire across the NSS too and see if it cranks then. Depending on a auto or manual the switches are in different places.

Dr.

Hello,

I had this problem before, everything inside the car would work such as air, radio, etc but nothing would happen when you turn the key and when you put pliers across the solenoid it starts right up. The wire going to the solenoid was the problem. The people that posted above are correct, its that wire that goes to the solenoid. the wire might be burned out or there is a break in the wire somewhere.