Help New Stang Owner

RiceBurner13

Nov 25, 2003
Hey umm i was wondering i have 245's on my stock 16 inch pony rims now, what is the wideest tire able to fit on these rims? IM also having trouble launching on these tires (373 gears, cam, UD pullys, headers, x-pipe, flows, hurst shift) anybody help uh brotha out as to the best methods? ive just been giving it gas after the light but not really laucnhing it at all. id appreciate the help and thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

I have 275/50/15 on an 8 inch wide rim. I believe you could do the same. I have seen 275/50/16 on the ponies before.

Yes launching can be difficult sometimes with 5 speed. Maybe you try more fuel and less clutch. Slip it a little. Ease it in. It will take some practice. But once you get it you will be launching fairly hard. I used to cut 1.85s on 225/50/16s when I had my old rims. Now I cut 1.70s on Dragradials. It requires a little clutch slippage at the first and I just dont have to ease it in as hard with the Drags.

You should try a set of BFG dragradials or Nitto Drags for the street. They really hook well.

The dragradial class in NMRA runs in the 8s with the BFGs. So I imagine you could launch your stock Mustang on them with practice.