HELP!! oil spitting out my dipstick hole.

95CobraMike

Apr 12, 2004
Lima OH
hello all,
i have recently been having trouble with oil coming up and out my dipstick hole and getting on my headers and everywhere else and smoking and stinking things all up. i was wondering why it did this and if anyone else experienced this...happens mostly when i run it a little bit hard, but tonight it did it under normal driving conditions...should my dipstick handle have a better seal on it? i dont think that is the problem, i dont think oil is suppose to come up in there that high....
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I have the same problem. Mine started happening after i installed my performer rpm2. I have clerance issues and it turns out my pcv hose from the valve cover to the air box was kinked and blocked. This could be your problem (especially if you played with your air box lately, or swapped mainfolds recently). Otherwise your pcv valve and baffle are probably plugged. I highly doubt its blow by...But check/replace your pcv stuff and then go from there.

the oil only seems to come out of the dipstick hole in the top of the dipstick tube. i haven't noticed oil coming from anywhere else, but then again i havent looked. but the only time i notice it, it is coming out of the dipstick hole and it splatters all over.

AutobahnStang said:
I had the same problem with an overpressurized crankcase due to a whinning mod :D :D ... put a breather cap and no more probs....

where exactly do i put a breather cap?

i looked under my hood and there is a tube that comes out right under the oil fill cap and goes down into my passenger fender...that one was kinked off up by the oil fill cap...might that have been a problem?

VibrantRedGT said:
Take out the PCV and screen in the lower intake. Clean the screen with a crap load of brake clean. Put back in and also install a Turbo Coupe PCV. If the problem persists you have other issues that are far worse.

I had the same problem until I removed the screen completely and hasn't done it since. :nice:

95CobraMike said:
ok so i dont know what the pcv is, or what it looks like, anyone have a picture? i guess i could go look in my repair manual. also what is this baffel that some of you are talking about?

Just swapped mine last night. Its in the back of the manifold near the fire wall. its a 3/4 of an inch tube that plugs into the lower manifold (on my gt at least) you pull out that tube and the pcv valve is connected to the end. The screen they are referring to is down in that hole and there is a plastic cup thing that helps the pcv valve snap into place. Pull out that little cup and use something to grab the screen and pull it out. Then just drop the new screen in and put the new pcv on the end of that tube. Put your little cup back in and snap the tube back into place. It was like $20 or something when I bought it and mine was clogged really bad. I pulled the manifold for another reason and did it while I had it off. But you can prob do it wiht the manifold in place. Hope that helps.

umm if its coming out of the dipstick... then its most likely the same thing that i was fighting... theres a rubber seal inside the little cap on the dipstick handle and mine was deteriated and was letting oil spray out... I just got a new dipstick and its fixed. My guess.