Help Painting 99-00 S-281 wing

I am taking on the task of priming and painting my wing that i purchased. I was just wondering if anyone could make any recomendations on priming it to make it perfect before i spray it. I sprayed the wing with bull dog adhesion promoter and sanded a couple times and now just sprayed another coat and am about to sand it back tomorrow on hopefully get it ready to paint. let me know what you guys think. I know ive seen a SaleenGT2001 painting his car. please help me out.

Thanks,
Sean

• Sponsors (?)

When the body shop first painted my Saleen wing, they said they'd prime it then find pinholes all over the thing. So they'd fill those, sand it, prime it, find more, repeat, etc. And this wasn't some crap aftermarket piece...it was a genuine Saleen piece. When they did my side skirts, they didn't have as hard of a time with those...they're Saleen pieces too.

Saleen pieces are notorious for being an absolute bitch to prep. Even good body shops with high-tech expensive equipment have had a difficult time with them. If you're honestly doing it yourself, I wish you the best of luck. You're going to need it.

The actual Saleen piece that I have is urethane (I believe that's what it is...it was definitely flexible before paint). I think there are a couple 3rd party companies that also make their's in urethane, but I've also seen some in fiberglass.