help! parking light/headlight problem

spectre30075

Nov 16, 2004
Just got back from a 2 hour drive in the 05 gt, when i got home the passenger side front parking light is stuck on, and the headlights won't come on. It was raining some, so there might be a leak there that i wasn't aware of (have had the car for 5 years, nothing like this has happened before), but I don't know what to do about it. I even disconnected the positive terminal of the battery and the parking light is still on. what to do??

• Sponsors (?)

Well, after having the battery disconnected for awhile (30 minutes or so), everything is back to normal. What bugs me is not knowing what exactly caused it so I that I can take measures to keep it from happening again.

I even disconnected the positive terminal of the battery and the parking light is still on. what to do??

The lights were still on when the battery was disconnected? Something doesn't sound right about that.

I've had some weird lighting issues in my GT. When it's cold out sometimes the high beams will get stuck on even when the car is off. I still haven't figured out what's causing that one either.

The lights were still on when the battery was disconnected? Something doesn't sound right about that.

I've had some weird lighting issues in my GT. When it's cold out sometimes the high beams will get stuck on even when the car is off. I still haven't figured out what's causing that one either.

Yeah the one parking light stayed on for maybe half an hour, even with the battery disconnected...that makes no sense to me whatsoever. And during this time, the headlights and dash lights would not turn on at all (with the battery connected). When your high beams are stuck on, what do you do? Just wait a while and they go off?