HELP PLEASE! interior problems

alextank8

Mar 24, 2011
hi guys i was wondering if i buy a 67 fastback for about 2000, a solid body and everything, but no interior. how much do you think i could finish the interior for, not perfectly restored, but mostly used parts and a few from junkyard? thanks for all help

• Sponsors (?)

67 Fastback with a solid (I assume you mean rust free) body for $2000 is an absolute STEAL:eek: no matter how much you have to spend on the interior and if you don't jump on it IMMEDIATELY, please let me know where it is. If it is truly/mostly rust free and generally "body complete" you could easily double your money (likely even better) overnight! You will likely not find much in junk yards and most interior stuff will need to be sourced as reproduction, NOS and/or used from e-bay and classifieds on sites like this. Seriously, jump on this car immediately, if you can swing it, and then decide what to do. If you are tight on $$$, and are looking to make a cool "cheap" driver you will be disappointed as these cars can be pricey in the long run. If you turn me on to the car, you can likely double your $$$.
Pics and a little more info (does car run/drive, clean title, etc?) would be a help.
HTH,
Gene

i cant do images i have a mac. i know for sure it will cost a lot of money, and i am willing to put all my money into it its just i dont have any money set back so it will take a while. car does not have engine, but i have a friend who can get me one (302) for free. another problem is that its in arizona, and i am in missouri, so if i would be able to afford it (not complete restoration of interior, just main things) i would probably get custom seats and dash but all other stuff i would need.

You Said:
"i cant do images i have a mac." Open iphoto, put your pics in there, click on/select the image(s)/pic(s) you want to post, click the share tab at the top, choose email. select Medium. It will generate/pop up an email message in "Mail" with the photo(s) in it, either as a file(s) or actual pic(s). drag those pic(s) to your desktop (or a file folder of your choosing), close mail (don't save). When making a post here, scroll down to "Manage Attachments" , click to open, click choose file, it will open your computer, on the drop down choose "Desktop" (or your folder) and select the pic(s), then choose, then in the "Manage Attachments " window click upload. Another way is to start a free Photobucket account and upload your pics to there and copy/paste the image codes from there to your post here. A MAC is way easy once you know how. I've been a MAC snob since 1998!:D If you need more hands on help, we can talk by phone: xxxxxxxxx I will edit out my phone number by the end of the day, so write it down if you think you might want it.

"The Day Microsoft Makes Something That Doesn't Suck Will Be The Day They Start Making Vacuum Cleaners"
HTH
Gene

Gene is right, it will be very difficult to find any useable used interior parts anywhere. After all, these cars are 40 years old. Luckily everything Ford put inside these cars is available in the aftermarket, and a lot of things Ford didn't put in there. Not knowing what you do have it's difficult to price an interior. It is easy to spend a couple thousand or more on an interior, depending on how much you can do yourself. You did real good if you found a solid 67 FB shell for 2 grand. I live off of I-10 between AZ and MO :Dand would be happy to let you deliver it to me. :D

Hey man...my radar is going "WHOOOP WHOOOP WHOOOP!!!" Is this car coming from a trusted source? Have you seen the car? Is he wanting you to pay with western union? Is it on craigslist? There are LOTS of people out there that put these nearly too good to be true listings on there and will take your money and run. Dont EVER wire money to anyone you dont know.

robbz28,
He sent me an email with a link to some pics and it "IS NOT" a rust free solid shell. It "IS" just a shell with no glass and some rust/rot in all the common, "WRONG" places. It's worth every penny of $2000 but not a lot more. Definitely only for an experienced and highly skilled restorer.
My $.02,
Gene

i cant do images i have a mac.

I'm doing this on an iBook G4 using OS 10.5.8, and SeaMonkey browser. Macs do images better than PC's.

AC005a.jpg

Attachments

• exhaust_port.JPG
    exhaust_port.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 93
  • AC002a.jpg
    AC002a.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 91
robbz28,
He sent me an email with a link to some pics and it "IS NOT" a rust free solid shell. It "IS" just a shell with no glass and some rust/rot in all the common, "WRONG" places. It's worth every penny of $2000 but not a lot more. Definitely only for an experienced and highly skilled restorer.
My $.02,
Gene

Well thats alright then...just a lot of scams out there, I have almost been bitten by one on a 68 bronco....was supposedly in a town about an hour from me and the guy never would let me come see it...said he was out of town and had a friend handling it...anyway, ends up the guy wanted me to send him money to brooklyn, ny via western union, turned out to be a big scam, he had faked an ebay ad, I reported it to ebay, but never got any response, but he did pull the ad. So many crooks out there...punks.