Help please - no power!!

• Sponsors (?)

Anyone think the IAC or the MAF could be bad??? I unplug the MAF, but same condition. There was no change in idling or when driving with the MAF disconnected.

I will give this one more week. In a week, I'm gonna yank all the darn wiring, computer, intake, sensors, etc. and go CARB. Seriously am!

Replaced the IAC and the fuel filter, same issue.

Today I am going to replace the MAF. As I stated earlier, if I run the car with the MAF disconnected, there is no change in performance, so perhaps the MAF is the problem? Do my symptoms seem too severe for a MAF issue???

At first I thought this might be electrical until you said you smell fuel. Make sure all of your injectors are seated well and there is no fuel leakage around them. Make sure the fuel rails are all the way down and secure. Also, make sure your fuel pressure regulator is not leaking (the aftermarket types are famous for this). Pull the vacuum line off and look inside it and see if you see fuel. If you do, then the diaphram has ruptured. I went back to the stock unit for this reason.

I don't know what's involved with swapping in a 5.0 in a classic so k might be way off asking if there are any codes. I assume there is no check engine light but you could still check it with a light or volt meter right? IDK. Maybe I'm way off.