HELP please !

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
In your sister. If none, your mom
Some trouble happened last night. Was giving a ride to a friend and then I felt something weird. Huge loss of power. Then the white thick smoke appeared behind the car. Got it towed.

Now I just took all of the (8) sparkplugs out and they're all "wet". One is badly damaged and is for piston #8. Can anybody tell me wtf happened with it ? Did it get hit or is it melted ? First though it was a head gasket but now I'm not too sure. Seems more serious.

sparkplug8.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Ahhhhh the carnage.....

I feel your pain...I been there myself....This is the remains of my #7 piston...when the head came off all I had was a hole.......I lost the block to...put the rod right thru the oilpan ....TWICE.... :(

the_carnage.jpg

94gts said:
did you ever figure out why this happened since you werent spraying? how many miles were on your block?

Chit man thread back from the :dead:. Now you make me remember all this stuff
cry.gif

Yes man everything has been figured out a while ago. The block had 75 000miles on it. It was in very good shape and well maintained. But here's what happened...

2 days before, I was at the local dragstrip and everything was going very good, except it was just too damn humid but whatever. So all day, I was running on motor only. Did do a 12.7 and I was ok with it. I should of been a good .2-.3 faster. The "air" was chit and I knew it. I also had my nitrous kit ready for the evening. I just had to change my sparkplugs and put the right tune in the tuner for the nitrous application. So at about 8pm at night I do my first ever "succesful" nitrous pass. By succesful I mean that the nitrous worked. I had a lot of trouble for like a whole summer trying to make it works but it turned out it was a bad fuel safety presure switch that was stopping me from spraying. I dropped the clutch at about 5000rpm with the 100shot in there. I launched and went right for the left wall. I missed it just in time and the whole run was like on and off WOT cause I was just going sideways the whole time except when I finally hit 4th. Go figure...4th was my only gear that I had WOT and I still trapped 111mph. Just imagine if I would of had traction the whole time. I'd seen mid 11's and near 120mph. So here comes the fun part...

I was really excited about that nitrous pass even if I almost crashed like 5 times while doing it. So I put a little more air in the slicks and go at it again. I do my burnout and then stage. Everything is perfect so far. I activate the arming switch so as soon as I hit 3000rpm it will kick in ONCE IN WOT, because of the WOT switch. Now I'm bringing the engine rev up to launch at like 5000rpm again. But as soon as I pass the 3000rpm mark, I can just hear that weird sound as if my tb is sticking. I'm still staged btw. I un-arm the system and re-arm it and do it again. I do the exact same thing and the same chit happens. Now I knew it wasnt normal so I backed off from the staging area. I park the car and start looking at what could of made this happened. And what do I see ? The freaking WOT swich was JAMMED in the ON position meaning I was spraying STANDING still, when I wanted to launch. So I basicly did spray a 100shot twice on that engine standing still. 2 days after, I was on the highway and you all know the rest..I'm assuming this is what caused the blown engine.

Sorry for the long post. It's been a while since I spoke about this and I wanted to elaborate a little. So in the process, piston#8 was busted and my AFR heads got fawked up. Nothing major. A few valves... Now sold all the performance parts and the car is back to stock and for sale again.

sorry to bring it up :( .

I knew you were back to stock and everything with a "new" motor. I never heard what actually happen and i am most likely getting some afr's ( i also run nitrous too). Sorry to see such a freak accident.

I lost a motor to a bad bad valve spring. It decided to break at 6100 rpms and the keeper came off the valve (Prolly cuz of valve float) and I ended up with something similar to rio5.0. Except mine was the #8 cylinder and my connecting rod went through the side of the cylinder wall, through a water jacket and out the side of the block. I went stroker after that.