HELP!! question about title and registration......

SPEEDYLIFSAVR

Founding Member
Sep 18, 2000
FL,89 LX 5.0
:( ok , this isnt mustang related but I need a little help .

My wife and I bought a travel trailer , its very similiar to buying a car , its got to be registered , insured , titled and get a tag for it .

When we bought the camper i was under the assumption ya go to the lot buy it and drive it away!? isnt that how crap works?

The couple that owns this camper sales place is very old , been in business for 30+ years and very reputable but I think they are getting a little senile in their old age . they've done things a certain way and dont like "change" . Apparently the camper was on consignment so the original loan had to be paid off before a title could be transferred in my name .

I was a little set back by this but had a little patience .

Now this is where I stand , I paid cash for the camper , the money was sent to the bank which is not local and a title has been mailed in my name , wouldnt this make the camper legally mine , they are telling me I cant take it off the lot , its been over a week and with the long weekned we were looking forward to a lil campin . It is insured so therefore it can be registered , as far as I understand the title is not needed to register it right? cant I just go pick that up (the title) whenever it comes in . I'm tempted just to go hook it up and pull it off the lot!

I would appreciate some feedback on this , really want to get this thing home !!

:nice: :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

i always had to have the title with me to get it registed... because then they give u a new title with ur name on it and not the others... but if it is signed over to you its legaly urs and they have no right to hold it! i would get law inforement to come with u to get it!