Help:Shaker 1000?

Alright so my 07 GT has the shaker 1000 system with the iPod connector in the center consol. It works and plays through the speakers and everything but I cant control it through the actuual stereo I have to have the cord running out and use it through the iPod which realllllly bugs me. Is this how its supposed to work, or is it supposed to work through the stereo controls? I have had my car for a while and thought I would finally just go ahead and ask. Oh and Im thinking about getting the touch screen nav system but I think I am just going to stick with the Ford version. Im not into the huge systems or anything but I was wondering a couple things when it comes to this:
Is it going to be as good sounding. I dont want to lose pwer with this.
Am I going to be able to keep the 6 cd changer?
Am I going to be able to keep the iPod connection?

Thanks all

• Sponsors (?)

Get an after market Nav system such as a Kenwood. It will cost less, look great and sound great. That's my advice.
I have a 2007 and could not stand having to control the ipod from the ipod. Dangerous too.

Alright so my 07 GT has the shaker 1000 system with the iPod connector in the center consol. It works and plays through the speakers and everything but I cant control it through the actuual stereo I have to have the cord running out and use it through the iPod which realllllly bugs me. Is this how its supposed to work, or is it supposed to work through the stereo controls? I have had my car for a while and thought I would finally just go ahead and ask. Oh and Im thinking about getting the touch screen nav system but I think I am just going to stick with the Ford version. Im not into the huge systems or anything but I was wondering a couple things when it comes to this:
Is it going to be as good sounding. I dont want to lose pwer with this.
Am I going to be able to keep the 6 cd changer?
Am I going to be able to keep the iPod connection?

Thanks all

I dont believe you can do that with any ipod on any stereo if you want that you need an aftermarket system with a usb port beside's it will be expensive to buy the nav from Ford.

As was said a nav system from Ford will be ultra expensive. Check out Alpine, Kenwood, Pioneer, etc. $1000 will buy you a good unit. $1500 will buy you a great unit.
I would guess that Ford's is at least $2000 with less features.

The 3.5mm stereo jack is just for audio, so it was misleading (IMHO) that Ford said it was an auxiliary iPod jack.

My Cobalt SS Turbocharged has a USB port that allows you to control the iPod via the steering wheel controls / radio controls. You can easily get an aftermarket receiver for the Mustang that will do the same, or trade in for a 2010 Mustang with SYNC.

I have the Alpine IVA-W505 (7" screen). It has the USB hookup for the iPod and has video capability which is great! iPod video right on your receiver...movies, concerts, videos...:nice:
ivaw505_straight_112007.jpg

My main thing and the only reason I wanted the ford is I want something that is a perfect fit and not too flashy which a lot of them are. I have been looking and there are some great ones out but if the Ford one for 550 or whatever will fit in my car and do everything other than the SYNC which I dont care about I kind of like that option. But with that alpine it looks great but how did it fit?

Thanks for your help like I said there are jjust some things I know a little about but not enough that I am comfortable with spending the money without asking someone who has done it and knows a little more, so thanks

I have the Kenwood. It looks and fits great. I don't have any photos. Plays CDs, DVDS, has a back-up camera, has Sirius controls, great ipod controls, regular AM/FM which I have never used and built-in Garmin navigation. Cost about $1400 installed. It is one of Kenwood's best. Ford's price I am certain will be higher and I am also willing to bet won't work as well.
Alpine has great units. Many on here also have Pioneers that look and work great.