HELP!!WHAT HEADERS TO USE

89sleeper said:
For the price of BBK's you could get some FRPP 1 5/8" shorties. They also have a 1 peice flange and are 409 Stainless Steel! :nice: Also FRPP sends their headers out to have them "JET HOT" coated. They use Jet Hots "Sterling" finish and have a Lifetime Warranty! :nice:

Usually Ford Racing headers are way more expensive than BBK's.......that's the whole point of getting BBK's.

• Sponsors (?)

maverick0716 said:
Usually Ford Racing headers are way more expensive than BBK's.......that's the whole point of getting BBK's.
Summit Racing
BBK-15150

$249.88

Should Ship By: Tomorrow
Vendor: BBK Performance Parts
Product Line: BBK 1 5/8 in. Shorty Headers
Material: Steel
Finish: Ceramic Coated

Add 8 to 15 more HP and great looks, too!

Ford: 1986-93 5.0L Mustang, 1 5/8 shorty, unequal length headers

These BBK unequal length shortie headers are constructed of 14 gauge mandrel bent tubing with 3/8 in. thick die-stamped individual type flanges. They feature 1 5/8 inch primary tubes and come with a ceramic coated finish.

Sold as a pair.
FMS-M-9430-P51
$299.95

Should Ship By: Tomorrow

Vendor: Ford Racing Performance Parts
Product Line: Ford Racing Hi-Flow Shorty Headers
Material: Stainless Steel
Finish: Ceramic Coated
Diameter: 1 5/8 in.

One of the best buys in bolt-on performance.

Ford: 1986-93 5.0L Mustang, 1 5/8 in. primary tube diameter, ceramic coated, fits all production/GT-40 and GT-40 "P" cylinder heads, header kit

This header kit is an easy and affordable way to add more horsepower fast. The headers feature 1 5/8 in. tubes with a thick machined flange for excellent sealing, and they bolt directly to the stock exhaust pipes without any modifications. They're made of 409 stainless steel for long lasting performance and great looks. This header kit is sold complete with gaskets, bolts, and studs.

Sold as a kit.

$50.00 more for Stainless Steel and a Lifetime Warranty?????????
Thats not way more!

Bassani and kooks will give you the best performance and i think sound wise. However these both come at a high cost. So most likely the economical thing to do would be to go bbk/mac. Either company is great and both will give you gains in shorties and or long tunbes. However the gain of performacne that come with long tubes comes with the chance of not passing smog as there not known ( well in ca) for there envireonment friendly habits.

I still say flowtech, throw some heat paint on the whole exhaust, and tons of power, xpipes are more free flowing, the long tubes are a bitch, but what isn't? it's worth it, you'll never need to upgrade plus you get an extra few hp (and the stisfaction of not taking the easy way out! most of your sound comes from the cat-back, so i guess you can do what you want with that.(I care about power not sound)

Well, I guess I would have to recommend MAC headers and h-pipe because that's what I run. But I got those because I got a good deal on them... BBK is very good also. If money hadn't been an issue, I probably would've bought the BBKs. MAC is good none-the-less.