HELP! What I think is oil leaking on my foot.. experts come in

Where are your gauges? Did the nylon line that came with it fit where you wanted the gauge to be? If so, the nylon line comes in 6 foot lengths. If you need more, you will have to go to Copper tubing, and get it from Home Depot, or Lowes... because the copper tubing from the gauge companies only comes in 6 foot lengths.

Nick

• Sponsors (?)

gauges were in a pillar mount. oil pressure was on the bottom i think?

i used almost all of the 6 feet mounting it if i remember right. get 6 feet from the parts store.

a ferrel is the little thing pressed over the end of the lines. once you remove the line from the back of the gauge, you will see it pressed on the line. pick up two of those, one for each end.

getting all of it back and fixed should be under 5 bucks if your going with nylon again. copper will cost more, never priced any of the other stuff.

how has the car been otherwise?

how were you routing it?

i just went off the block, through the firewall gromet, then straight up and through the corner of my cluster. i remember i used whatever the gauge came with, or is it 10 feet they include? :shrug:

anyway, when your installing the line again, be careful because the nylon will crease easily. you dont want a creased oil line or it will read inaccurate or be back to pissing all over again.

looked it up on summit, shows 6 feet with the gauge. so it will fit somehow lol.

the car has been great otherwise, this is the only problem ive had to date. still just waiting to get it it tuned and a chip burnt and really see what it has in it. Im pretty sure the hole in the line was caused from either the clutch or the brake being pressed against it and it eventually wore a hole in the line. Thanks for all the help guys im going to take care of it this weekend and will let you know how it goes.

well i temp fixed it for about a week and got the new wire etc today. the hole was caused from i think the clutch pedal rubbing up against it. anyways my question is i already connected it to the block, but when im connecting it back to the gauge the line will be completely empty, my dad said i should run the engine for a second to fill the line back up and prob lose a little, or will it just fill itself and be fine?

on a side note. what a pita it was so get my hand to that spot on the block, as well as getting the line up to where the gauges were through all the mess of wiring that lies above our feet.

The gauge's line will self fill. In the day, old timers who ran 30 weight would fill the line with very viscous oil so the gauge would react more quickly. I dont think that applies to you though. ;)