Help! Window issue, door panel off

Scott_95GT

Oct 8, 2004
Sacramento
I am working in my mother-in-laws 2002 right now. (I'm posting this in here also because you guys are always so helpful, don't know about those 4.6 guys lol.) Her driver's side window won't go up. I have the door panel off, and everything looks pretty good. I think this is the first time the door panel has been taken off. My first thought is that it is the window motor.

The right and left windows are on the same fuse, correct? The left window works fine, so I don't think it's the fuse. I just want to make sure there is nothing else I should try before I order a window motor. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

does it make any noise at all when you try and push the button to make it go up?

if you can hear like a "click, click, click" it may be the bushings in the motor--you can find them in the HELP! section at an auto parts store.

also, if you push on the switch and you don't hear a clicking, touch the motor to see if it's getting really hot.

check the wiring harness that plugs on the motor w/ a volt meter or test light to see if you're getting any power to it.

When mine did this (driver's side), I gave it a few good whacks with a hammer. It's been at least 5 years and still works good as new. The motor was seized for whatever reason and the hammering freed it up.