Electrical Help With A Radiator Hose Please?

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by Handmedown, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Handmedown

Handmedown New Member

Hey guys, I'm just wondering what the diameter of the upper radiator hose is. The previous owner of my mustang did a crap job installing an aftermarket PCM and screwed all the wires up. So im going to take the PMC out of the cooling fan equation and install an independent 2 speed fan controller and the reader is going to go in the upper hose but i dont know the diameter of it.
  2. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

Measure it. I assume this thermo sensor has an NPT thread on it. I would buy an aftermarket water outlet which has a threaded bung in it, and screw that sensor in there. They are around $10.

Kurt
  3. revhead347

revhead347 I have face herpes.

4. HISSIN50

HISSIN50 "How long does it take to get help in here? SN Certified Technician

It's 1.5" IIRC. To be sure, just measure your radiator inlet's OD (the metal or plastic bung) to see what the ID of the hose should be.

Are you buying a metal connector that you splice into the middle of the hose (like an Autometer manifold)? Otherwise, the temp probe that comes with many generic controllers doesn't depend upon a given size of hose..........

Good luck.