Help With Computer Codes

I have a 97 Mustang GT and on yesterday the "Check Engine Light" came on, and today the car wouldn't idle for like 20 minutes. I took the car to Autozone and I got two codes P1443 & P1507. Can anyone help me with these codes becasue the guy at Autozone did not know the meaning of the codes. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

P1443 - EVAP emission control system control valve malfunction
P1507 - Idle air control underspeed error

I don't know exactly what these mean, but I can check my Service manual tomorrow if nobody else replies to this before I can get back to you. I should be able to get you an answer.

MT1083 said:
P1443 - EVAP emission control system control valve malfunction
P1507 - Idle air control underspeed error

I don't know exactly what these mean, but I can check my Service manual tomorrow if nobody else replies to this before I can get back to you. I should be able to get you an answer.

Thanks MT, I wait for your post before I bring it to the dealership if need be.

I bought it on ebay by doing a search on "mustang service manual". I just bought the cd for the 2000 mustang. I believe the seller was pcplanit or something like that. Got it for 10 or 12 bucks total. Not bad for everything that is included in it. They are a power seller so they should have a ton of them. :nice:

OK here is what I found out:

P1507 - This code is set when the PCM detects that the idle rpm's are under the desired rate. The possible causes are as follows:
IAC circuit open, Air inlet is plugged, damaged IAC solenoid. From what I read, if the resistance of the solenoid is between 6-13 ohms then it is bad. Disconnect the IAC and look for no change in engine rpm as an indication of a damaged or stuck valve.
In regards to your other code...it would take me a year to explain what that thing is. You would either have to buy the same manual that I have or just take it to Ford and have them check it out. From what little I read, it seems like that might get a little complicated. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

P1443 Evaporative Emission Control System - Vacuum System - Purge Control Solenoid or Purge Control Valve fault.

the purge valve I believe is on the back of the intake , might wanna check the vacuum lines going to it