Help with diagnosis of problems

GAU89LXStang

Feb 12, 2003
Let's see where to start. I bought a used 87 GT here in Germany. I got alot of interior parts withy it so it was a good deal.

Recently it started making a noise similar to when the fan clutch went out on my 89 LX 5.0. In brief it "Whooshes" and as the RPMs build it gets louder.

I also think that my clutch is going bad, because I can smell it burning whenever I drive it. I really don't jump on it at all. The one problem is that as I was entering the Autobahn to go home, I was in second gear the RPMs hit 3500 and they stayed there if I pushed harder on the gas. So I grannied it the rest of the way home, not going over 2800 RPMs. It definetely feels like it is down on power too. Also the clutch pedal has a TON of slop up and down. The previous owner installed a B&M ripper with that crappy straight short shifter handle. (will be rectified soon, I have a new shifter enroute). I have had it for like a week and just now have time to do a tune up, and fluid change. This will be done on Saturday.

Thanks for any help,

Mo' Town

• Sponsors (?)