Help With Fuel System Selection(boosted)

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by 90FoxBdy, Jan 14, 2014.

1. 90FoxBdy

90FoxBdy Founding Member

Been away from the scene for awhile and trying to get my car dialed in. Currently it has an s trim pushing about 10psi (for now) with an Anderson mr Freeze kit. Other mods are fresh 306 with strike force cylinder heads, anderson b-31 cam, 80mm mass air, and 65mm throttle body. Current fuel system are 42lb injectors and 255 in tank pump. Im not up to date on the latest technology. Was planning on purchasing a sumped tank and piecing it together from there. What are your recommendations? Future plans are to up the boost a little. I would rather go overkill for now as I plan a turbo system down the road once I can afford a decent block to start with. Currently I have the level 20 block from DSS. Thxs
  2. A5literMan

A5literMan Advanced Member

Aeromotive stealth kit

Sponsored Ad

3. Onefine88

Onefine88 Previously 89SSC18

What he said. Part#11140 . Its a 340lph and will keep in fuel up to 700rwhp boosted.

As far injectors go: I just recently finished my current combo. Like you mentioned, I also have future plans of upgrading again so I went with 60lb injectors. I was told by my tuner that they should be good for around 700 rwhp.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  4. 2000xp8

2000xp8 Mustang Master

Save the fuel system setup for when you really need it.
    It's very expensive.

Just run a gss340 or better in tank pump and let it be until your future plan starts to come to fruition.

With a stock block you can't run more power than the basic stock system can support.

The reality is a 4 bolt block setup with a turbo is going to cost well over 10 grand, so the fuel system is the least of your worries.
    f8tlfiveo likes this.
  5. 90FoxBdy

90FoxBdy Founding Member

The gss 340 is what I have now. Maybe I will hold off and focus on tuning for now. I have a Pms that I need to install. Thxs