Help with leaking proportioning valve and stuck wastegate

Discussion in '2.3L (N/A & Turbo) Tech' started by Bansheeman6100, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Bansheeman6100

Bansheeman6100 Member

EDIT got the brake situation lined out, so now i have to tackle the wastegate. the internal wastegate on my T3 is frozen solid, and i need to address it. my mechanic (who builds and races 2.3T's) suggested just dropping a HY35 in it, or told me Stinger sells a kit to bypass the internal and mount an external, although i cant seem to find it. i have the factory elbow and a 3" Stinger DP.

Specs on the motor for those curious for turbo reasons is BoPort 2.1 kit with big valves and a complete port/polish running a LA3 for now and Large NPR

2. KhanTyranitar

KhanTyranitar Member

That depends on how you intend on using the car. The HY35 is still a pretty big turbo, great track turbo, does ok on the street. The stock computer is really not going to handle a turbo that big without retuning or fooling it. So I would try to stick with a turbo thats closer to the stock one in size and performance until you are ready to tackle the tuning and necessary supporting mods.