Help With My Stereo System

EllyGT

Mar 28, 2015
Florida
Hi, I have a 2001 gt which has the 460 mach sound system. Thought that was gonna be good but don't think that any more. 1st there is no base at all,so thinking one of the amps is bad, but which one, are the 2 amps different? Then there is the head unit, it will not play cd's and the volume is wacked. I am told I can't just replace the amps unless theyou are ford amps! And I am told that I can't just replace the head unit because it is a high pass or low pass filter or some :poo: like that. If I want to replace stuff would have to completely rewire the entire car! Severely frustrated at the moment! Can someone please she'd some light and advice on this before I have to sell this car! I need music when I drive!!
Please help,I know that y'all know who to do!

• Sponsors (?)

Its quite simple really. The wires are not difficult to run in a Mustang as there is plenty of room in the doors accordians (little rubber boot the wires run through) and to the rear is easier yet. Just get a deck of choice and run new wires but also replace the speakers as they are trash.

You can get a double din NAV/DVD deck pretty cheap these days new and used ones are even less. Or for $100 you can get a nice single DIN deck and install kit to mount it in your dash.
As for speakers the best bang for the buck is Infinity refrence speakers. They are 6x8 and can be found on ebay for $50 a pair. Don't worry about the factory tweeter locations and just unhook them. They are 2.5" paper cone crap anyway. A simple deck with the Infinity speakers will sound 10x better than the stock system ever could.

Thank you LaserSVT , I appreciate the info. Hopefully will get started on it this weekend. Sorry about the delayed response, just work crazy ass hours at work, don't have a lot of down time. Thanks again.
Its quite simple really. The wires are not difficult to run in a Mustang as there is plenty of room in the doors accordians (little rubber boot the wires run through) and to the rear is easier yet. Just get a deck of choice and run new wires but also replace the speakers as they are trash.

You can get a double din NAV/DVD deck pretty cheap these days new and used ones are even less. Or for $100 you can get a nice single DIN deck and install kit to mount it in your dash.
As for speakers the best bang for the buck is Infinity refrence speakers. They are 6x8 and can be found on ebay for $50 a pair. Don't worry about the factory tweeter locations and just unhook them. They are 2.5" paper cone crap anyway. A simple deck with the Infinity speakers will sound 10x better than the stock system ever could.[/QUOTE