Help with problems on my new stang..

V6 (Ietricrs)

Apr 15, 2004
Hi everyone this is my first post. You will be hearing from me alot, I just got my new 2000 V6 blue stang. There are a fem minor problems with it though. My seatbelt chime will not go off, whew is that annoying. My driver side side skirt is starting to come off a little bit towards the front. Its an automatic (I think all 00 stangs were automatics) and the red light/sticker shows it is in drive II all the time, even when I am not. When I got the car I only received one key and one remote with it. I went to the ford dealership and they told me to cut and program me a key (I guess it has a chip in it, which I can't see) would cost me $130.00 smackers! Is there any way I can get around that?
Thanks for your help everyone it is appreciated.
Nas
P.S. Pics are coming soon

• Sponsors (?)

well, dunno about the shifter question, but if the key has a chip in it you will need to get one with a chip to start the car. If you go to a hardware store and get it copied then i think without the chip it will only unlock the doors. and as far as the seatbelt noise goes.... that happened on my moms ranger so we just pulled the fuse for it to stop that

you shoudl be able to buy a key remote brand new from ebay and a key also or form some place online and get them to program it and save a ton.

the door chime they can hook up the car to the computer they have and turn the chime off the light may still blink (probably most definatly) a problem with teh latch taht you plug it into, might can replace the latch pretty easy from a junk yard (the part that has the red button on it you psh to pop the seat belt off) as far as the shifter alwasy showing its in drive, there is a slide that it goes on when you move the auto shifter handle, its probably stuck/broken you can get another oen or an aftermarket b&m shifter if you want to go that route.

Ok, I know I can find the remote (unlocks/locks the doors and unlocks the trunk) on ebay, can I get a key from someone else's stang and have them reprogram it for my car? As far as the seatbelt chime, do you think I should go to a junk yard for the seatbelt clip(the part that has the red button on it), won't it be hard to find a 2000 mustang junked? And I am not to sure what you want me to do with that? Can I somehow take my shifter off (or the plastic around it) to get to that red plastic underneath it and fix it? If I want to get an after market one do you have any suggestions where to go?
Thanks again
Nas

Well, I got a really good deal on the car and the guy needed to get rid of it asap. The stuff thats wrong with the car is really minor (minus the annoying chiming from the seatbelt). There is nothing that is wrong with the car that effects the engine or performance. All that stuff is cosmetic. Yea your right about the automatic comment I made I don't know why I said that I was thinking of something else and it came out wrong.
P.S. How is this helping me besides you telling me I am wrong and critisizing my choice to buy the car? Oh and I am not tryin to be combative just asking :shrug:

Here's your solution to the seat belt.... WEAR IT! The damn seat belt saved my life last summer!

If you INSIST on being an idiot all you have to do to get the chime to stop is to click it then undo it, and that will stop the noise. Also you can dismantle the buckle holder and just solder a wire between the connectors and it thinks its always gotten a closed circuit so it thinks the belt is always buckled.

By the way, more and more states are making seat belts a first offense...not just second any longer.....

and no, not all 00 stangs were autos. in fact that was the last year they offered the convertable premium package with standard...those b**tards

whoa! whats with all the bashing... think before you speak/type. I AM wearing my seatbelt! The chime won't go off when I am wearing it. Thats my problem, I agree that you should wear a seatbelt at all times. I already clarrified that yes, not all 00 were autos. Oh, and I found uncut keys with the chip in them for my 00 stang. The drawback was that it would still cost me 50-75 dollars to have someone program them for me. I need to get around this cost, I really do not want to spend 130$ for a key!
Nas

If you already had two keys, programming a third is not a problem.

But since you only have the one, there really is no way to get around the cost.

I have no idea why people buy cars with one key. My family has 3 2001 Fords, and when we bought each one we had the dealer promise to make us another key(along with a few other small things) before we closed the deal on any of the cars. The guy you bought it from should've definately pushed for that at least. Floormats are another big thing dealers like to get out of. :shrug:

As for finding a Mustang in a Junkyard, goodluck. Even if you could get the part from any '94-'04, I very rarely see Mustangs in junkyards. And the ones I see are usually just shells that have been picked clean. Might be cheaper to just pay for the part from the dealer, and spend your time working for the money, instead of driving to junkyards only to find none of them have your part.

Listen before you go to the dealer for a key check out a local key shop. The one in my neighborhood had a programer that he hooked up to my car. He was able to cust the key and program the chip in the key in about 10 minutes. Not all key shops have the computer programmer but check around you can save a lot of money. 2 spare keys cost me $50.00.

Possible way to shut off belt minder

Hey,
In case you haven't tried this yet, this may work, it's right out of my manual, I have a 2000 V6 as well (since I found the seat belt chime to be annoying as well, I did this, and it worked). First, make sure...
1. Parking brake is set
2. Gear shift is in park for auto or neutral for manual
3. Ignition is in the OFF position
4. All doors are closed
5. Driver's safety belt is unbuckled
6. The parklamps/headlamps are in the OFF position
Now...
1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN or ON position, do NOT start the car
2. Wait until the safety belt warning light turns off (1-2 mins)
**Steps 3-5 MUST be completed within 60 seconds or you will have to repeat the procedure.
3. Buckle, then unbuckle the safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt unbuckled
4. Turn ON the parklamps/headlamps. Turn OFF the parklamps/headlamps.
5. Buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 3 times, ending with the belt unbuckled.
**After step 5, the safety belt warning light will be turrned on for 3 seconds.
6. Within 7 seconds of the safety belt warning light turning off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
This will disable the belt minder if it is currently disabled or enable it if it is currently enabled.

Confirmation of disabling is provided by falshing the safety belt warning light 4 times per second, for 3 seconds.
After confirmation, the procedure is complete.
Hope this helps.

oh man if this works I am going to have to send you a check or somehting! I will try this tomorrow, its kinda late and I still have some hw to do. I'll update you after I do it to let you know if it works.
Thakns
nas