Help with SES P0141/P0171/P0174

JonJon

Founding Member
Aug 16, 2002
back in Marylands
My SES came on recently so I went down to AutoZone to pull the codes.

3 codes:
P0141 Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater circuit fault - Bank No. 1.
P0171 System Too Lean - Bank No. 1.
P0174 System Too Lean - Bank No. 2.

I've had 171/174 come up before in the cold weather. I got my car dyno'd soon after that and the A/F was fine. :shrug:

P0141 I've never gotten before, what does that mean? What should I check? :scratch:

• Sponsors (?)

c2see21 said:
http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=514350
P0141 Downstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater circuit fault - Bank No. 1.

that is a good sticky for sure :nice:

& i'm fairly sure it would be wiring being the problem on the rear passenger side 02 sensor
I read that sticky, that's where I got what the code was :p

If I haven't touched the mid pipe in months, would it be fair to assume the O2 sensor died just now? (though the SES hasn't come back since...)

:(

JonJon said:
I read that sticky, that's where I got what the code was :p

If I haven't touched the mid pipe in months, would it be fair to assume the O2 sensor died just now? (though the SES hasn't come back since...)

:(

it's possible, but more likely it's the wiring. you may not have tightened it down & it loosened a little something weird like that ya never know. just disconnect the battery & see if the code comes back again, if so get under the car & check it out :nice:

c2see21 said:
it's possible, but more likely it's the wiring. you may not have tightened it down & it loosened a little something weird like that ya never know. just disconnect the battery & see if the code comes back again, if so get under the car & check it out :nice:
hmm. alright, I'll give it a look when I install a new clutch cable (before it gets tooo cold). I had AutoZone clear it and so far it hasn't come back... So I hope it stays that way. :)