Help with valve cover gasket!!!!

95Cobra302

Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
Daytona Beach, FL
It's got a small rip in it by the bolt hole. Can I use permatex gasket sealer on it, or something similar?? The other gasket is perfect and would hate to have to order another set, money is tight and the part stores don't have the reusable ones.

Any help would be very appreciated!!

IMG_1671.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Odds are you could throw it back on and it looks like it would still seal fine....i'd wash good all around a douche some RTV around it. Never used gasket sealer myself so no idea on that.

I tore the upper intake gasket and used gasket maker to piece it back together. Odds are good if you use something like this, RTV Black / Red, etc. I'd wait until it dries then bolt it back on just in case the tight seal moves it away from that area.

I don't think putting RTV around the entire gasket is worth it. The steel gaskets are quite good. Just fix the damaged area with red or black RTV, let it dry then bolt everything down. It's really that simple. If you use RTV all over the place, getting them off later will be annoying. I'd pass on the cork and also just using RTV.