Help! Won't Start or Crank

I can't figure out for the life of me why my car died will driving on the highway on Friday. I was driving and lost ALL electrical power. Car wouldn't start again. After being towed home I noticed that my Optimum redtop was pretty much dead. So I charged it up tried to start it again, won't start or crank.

I took my battery and starter up to O'Reilly's and they both passed. I replaced the starter solenoid and it STILL won't start!

Any idea what could prohibit me from starting my car?

• Sponsors (?)

Other items to mention:
- I have checked to see if there is Fuel pressure

My starter solenoid only makes on click when trying to start it. That is good correct? It is not rapidly clicking.

Last night I had a buddy measure the voltage at the starter side of the solenoid and it read 0 volts when I had key in, clutch depressed, and trying to start. I believe the problem lies somewhere here...

I looked at my fusible links and they do not look like they are melted. Is it if they look melted they are fired correct?

Just checked the clutch safety switch and the reset the inertia switch and the car still won't start.

I'm going to get a new cable from the solenoid to the starter because when I tried the screw driver method on the solenoid post (jumping) I didn't hear the starter do anything. I know the starter works because I watched them test it...

Got it to start! Looks like assesment was correct. I replaced the starter cable and it started right up after noticing the replacement starter solenoid I purchased has 4 posts instead of 3 posts like the stock motorcraft solenoid. Put the stock solenoid back on and it fired up no problem.

I am still unsure why my car died on the side of the road on Friday.

I measured the voltage at (while running):
Alternator: 14.52
Starter Solenoid: 14.51
Battery: 14.39

My battery is located in the hatch thats why there is a slight voltage drop.

Any ideas why my car would have died on the highway?

Got it to start! Looks like assesment was correct. I replaced the starter cable and it started right up after noticing the replacement starter solenoid I purchased has 4 posts instead of 3 posts like the stock motorcraft solenoid. Put the stock solenoid back on and it fired up no problem.

I am still unsure why my car died on the side of the road on Friday.

I measured the voltage at (while running):
Alternator: 14.52
Starter Solenoid: 14.51
Battery: 14.39

My battery is located in the hatch thats why there is a slight voltage drop.

Any ideas why my car would have died on the highway?

The big clue here is that you lost all electrical. My first check would be the leads on the battery. Next would be to check that the computer had voltage. Plus checking all ground returns which made sense.