HELP

I need help guys (and girls). I have to get my car to pass smog. Has anyone passed smog with 2 cats reather then the 4? I currently have none but will add 2 catco cats if it will get me to pass. What else can I do I've herd of people setting the timing really low (like 1 or 2) and being able to pass. Has anyone done or tryed this? I really dont want to trash my car becuase it wont pass the cali smog laws that are to high. Please help me out with any ideas thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I see you're in Kalifornia.

You have to have catalytic converters to pass, period. Even if by some miraculous chance you passed the sniffer, you would fail the visual. Yes, they look under your car to see that you have them. Whats worse is they can still fail you for having only two cats since your car came with 4. Ideally you have the stock H-pipe to install just for testing. If not, get your Catcos and have some heat shields welded on the h-pipe in front of them(to look like cats). The crossover in the h-pipe has to be behind the cats, BTW.

Do not set the timing low or anything like that. The smog tech will whip out a timing light to make sure your timing is at the stock 10* or very close.

EDIT: I just looked at your sig. All those part visible and likely to be noticed by the smog tech better have a C.A.R.B. Exemption Order number cast, welded, or engraved on them. Your intake will make the tech suspicious and the headers flat out wont pass the visual since they have no EO #. Same for that cold air intake.