Help.....

XxEdgeFactorxX

Nov 10, 2002
I was going to get the Mustang Inspected and I was watching and i saw that my back wheel Is Wobbleing like it is bent! Now by looking at it, It doesn't seem bent.... is it my axel or wheel ?

• Sponsors (?)

It was at the inspection station and the Guy was doign the testing and i was watching outside the garage, It seems like it rides fine but its hard to tell cuz I have a crap load of vibration going on when I reach 60-75mph , But around town It rides fine. I think to day im guna jack it up in the back and take the tire off and see if its the axel.......

Can you tell which corner of the car the vibration is coming from? Try moving that wheel to a different corner and take it for another highway blast and see if the vibration follows it to the front. That'll narrow it down a bit.

This vibration is all in my tranny it vibrates like a mofo when i hit anything higher than 65mph I have had posts before and They say its the driveshaft , Im not too sure about moving the rim Im sure if i look at the axel and if it wobbles then its the axel if it doesnt its the wheel......

If you feel it in the tranny and only at highway speed it could also be your rear going south. That's exactly how my '84 acted when the rear went. However, that was a 7.5" rear, which was notorious for it. Haven't heard the about the 8.8 doing it as much. It's pretty easy to bend a wheel though, and a back wheel out of round would cause a drivetrain vibration you would feel in the shifter, especially if it isn't the stock shifter with the vibration isolator bushing.

Could be the axle. I bent one hitting a curb after spinning out on a slick road a few months after I got the car. Didn't notice it until someone mentioned it. The wheel was fine (aside from the curb rash), just the flange part was bent. The dealer replaced it no problem. :D Swap a couple of wheels and see if it is still wobbling. If so, it probably is the axle.

Good luck!