HELP

nitemare_mach

Oct 11, 2004
I'm taking my 04 MACH 1 into Barber Ford in Ventura for the Tranny TSB work for 1-2 grind and 3rd gear lock out. I have a Tri-ax shifter installed, should I put the stock shifter back in before i take it in? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

nitemare_mach said:
I'm taking my 04 MACH 1 into Barber Ford in Ventura for the Tranny TSB work for 1-2 grind and 3rd gear lock out. I have a Tri-ax shifter installed, should I put the stock shifter back in before i take it in? :shrug:
What color is your Mach, DSG?

I would change your shifter for sure. I have my car their a few times and I didn't get it there. They ask too many questions and they will tell you that your warrenty is void. Trust me.

nitemare_mach said:
actually its black. i dont really want to drive all the back to santa paula ford where i bought it to get the work done and Vista pissed me off already.
Take it to Ventura, just put your stock shifter back in. Where are you located at? We have a small but growing group in this area (Oxnard, Simi, Ventura) We get together once a month for a meeting at Round Table Pizza in Camarillo and also get together for BBQ's, rides and other events. Goto my home page and check out the last few pages, there are pics from some of the events we have had. If your interested, we always welcome other stangs.

i'm in camarillo about 10 minutes down the road from round table. when is the next meet? i also need help deciding what my next mod should be. the mods i already have are steeda udp, flowmaster catback, tri-ax, window tint, and php air box w/k&n. was thinking jba equal length headers and MRT catted h-pipe or gears.

nitemare_mach said:
i'm in camarillo about 10 minutes down the road from round table. when is the next meet? i also need help deciding what my next mod should be. the mods i already have are steeda udp, flowmaster catback, tri-ax, window tint, and php air box w/k&n. was thinking jba equal length headers and MRT catted h-pipe or gears.
We meet the frist Thursday of every month. I would go with gears, if a majority of your driving is around town and a little on the freeway go 4.10's. If you do alot of freeway driving and drive faster than 75 go 3.73's. I sometimes wish I had went 4.10's but all my driving is on the freeway and I drive between 80 - 90, and that puts me at and above 3kRPM's Ask anyone, gears are always one of the first mods, makes it feel like a new car. A good mid pipe is also important but you have to take into consideration our crappy emissions laws. You can also go with a Plenum/TB combo. Just keep your eyes open in the WestCoast forum, a majority of us check in here.

Tony

Barber Ford...

I've taken my Bullitt to Barber Ford. They did some warranty work and service with no problem..I didn't buy it from them..Talk to James Martz , service writer...He's cool and I think he has a 03 Cobra...Hint also, request that they don't wash your car..It leaves water spots all over after you drive away..Slidemaster aka Allan is the SVT sales rep for Barber Ford and has posted here..