help

94greenhunter

Jul 31, 2006
houston Tx
well i just got done pulling my trany and i took the flywheel in to get it resurfaced and it was off. so the guy fixed it. he also checked the balance for me and it was all good. i also got a new clutch for itto. but the whole car shakes still and i dont know why. it shakes when it is at 1000rpm and when it gets to its idle rpm it is fine. but it also does it around 4500 to 5000rpms when i am getting into it. i dont know what it could be.. someone please help me.......:(

• Sponsors (?)

a couple of things you need to check first would be the balancer also called vibration dampner on the front of the motor its bolted to the crank and has the timing degrees stamped on it. it should spin with no wobble and inspect the rubber in the balancer to insure it has not broke loose if it wobbles or rubber broke loose do not drive or rev motor until replaced if the balancer is good check all your mounts and u-joints post results...in the pic below the balancer all the way on the left you can see where the rubber is located in the balancer

dept_harmonic_balancer.gif

If it dosent always shake then its not the balancer.

Ive heard of some people having shaking problems from installing the drive shaft a different way than it was previously in there.