Helping MustangRay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea I'm definately getting 18x10's in the back with probably 295's, and sometime in the future dropping it but probably only an inch...and I don't know, the wing took me some getting used to..but it just fits the rest of the kit I guess...but yes im definately lowering an inch and bigger wheels...I think it will make a major improvement..Oh, and yes I am getting a grille delete, and I'm thinking the chrome projector headlights, but I need some really clear 3in. round fog lights to go with them...but first on the list is wheels and exhaust...

• Sponsors (?)

yea I thought about FR-500's...but I think I like Saleens better...and yes, I considered smoked stockers, but everyone has those...my whole thing is to be different from everyone else...and nobody around here has Saleens or FR's...so...but I think Saleens are better. But everyone around has smoked stockers and Bullitt wheels...screw that...

Ray, I agree with you about the Saleens. I think they would go well with the body kit. Can you post pictures of the particular projector headlights you are considering? Also, the stock wing will probably look a lot better than the stalker wing, I don't think the one you have matches the body lines all that well. Lastly, you need to paint the hood vent inserts, black probably. Those are the first thing I see when I look at your car. Clear fogs will be a nice addition when you get the money too. It's good you're trying to de-rice your car, sorry about bustin your bawls so much about it :nice:

BurningRubber said:
Heres my honest opinion on it.

As it sits right now, the wheels, wing, and ride height throw it off. Wheels are too small and stick inwards too much in the back end, wing too big, and it sits like a small truck, lol.

But, I think if you put 18" Saleens on there, drop that SOB and lose the wing, or go to a stock wing it would really look mean. And make sure that you get 18x10's for the back and throw a WIDE tire on there so it fills the wheel well, and bumper out.

Like I said, the only things that are throwing it off are the wing wheels and height... Aside from that, the kit isnt bad. I love the hood, back bumper looks good from the pics, and it takes a few to get used to the front bumper, but again lowered it will look better.

Edit: Get a grille delete and some headlights without the orange sidemarkers, smoked would look great on there...:nice:

+1

Nothing more annoying than unfilled wells both from the height and width perspectives. Change that and it will look like a totally different car.

SRT Handz said:
I think if we all pitch in a dollar we can all buy some OEM body panals and bumpers for MustangRay:SNSign:

This is one of the few truly USEFUL talk threads you've made in a while :rlaugh:

Fur real though, that body kit after paint prolly cost as much as my whole suspension setup :nono: How can you drive around in such an outlandish looking car and not feel like a retard, atleast sometimes?

lol, yea I was thinking about painting my hood scoop inserts black...but I'm afraid after I get them out I won't be able to get them to stay in again. Also, when I get my grille delete, it will look kind of retarded with those in the hood scoops so I was just going to take them out period. But then I have that mesh stuff in the bumper grille...and that doesnt look good at all with nothing in there. So i dont know what to do about that. Gimme a second I'll post the chrome projectors.

807800_95_full.jpg

Those headlights are just...hideous...

Cars look so much better when kept simple IMO. The stalker kit is a lot less of a ricer kit than alot of kits I have seen. The best stuff I think you can put on a mustang is saleen, steeda, roush, or ford OEM and thats it, reason being they dont overdue it. Saleen is the most extreme of them all, but the entire kit goes very well together.

I would so something about those wheels deffinately. That was the FIRST thing that stuck out when I saw the pics. My stock body and wheel car doesnt have as much gap as yours does, and that probably has to do with the kit. The wheels are like hermit crabs trying to hide in a shell, and its not working. Fix that and see how it looks. I think that kit looks better on the 94-98 body. I have a friend with a 96 with the stalker front and it looks fine, but his car is lowered also about 1.25 or so, so it doesnt look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.