helppppp

truebluemuscle

Sep 14, 2003
Mclean Va
im driving down a two lane road (each way) when the light turns yellow....i, being the only person in the right lane decide that i have enough time to get through (which i did). out of nowhere the first car in the left lane decides to stop, and the tahoe right behind him loses controll when he jams his brakes and spins sideways into my lane. i jam my brakes but the wheels lock up and im headed right for this tahoe, so i got off the brake and swerved (barely missing the tahoe) but nail a curb on my right. :bang:

well... theres no exterior damage to my car, but the front left rim is chipped pretty bad, the steering is off and the windsheild cracked, but over all, the car still drives fine other than the steering being off.

i took her to the shop and the estimate came out to be 1000 dollars because the wheel is "shoved back" and then they will give me a new estimate once they fix that. my friend has a lift at his house, but so im not going to let anyone touch my car untill i look at it myself.

heres my dilema, all that i feel is wrong is the rim, andthe alignment, but i know that i cant afford to pay the shop myself. but im only 18 and im worried that if i let my insurance deal with the cost my rates will go up. what should i do?

• Sponsors (?)

Ask the shop what has to be done. Is the wheel bearing messed up or did it bend the lower control arm. I was in an accident in the winter, no rear exterior dammage but jumped a median at 45. Asked Ford to check the front and they said it was ok. 6 months later I change the suspension and find both front springs broke. A little later I replace the wheel bearing.

Anyways, if you hit a curb do a thorough check on the front. Most parts can be replaced fairly easily if you have a lift. New bearing with hub is around $70.00 from Ford. You can replace the lower control arm if it's bent. Speedconcepts.net had 03 cobra lower control arms for under $200 I think.

All I'm trying to say is check the front and if you have any mechanical nowhow you could probably fix it for alot less. Window is around $250.00 installed.