HERE IS SOME INFO ON CROWN VIC REAR DISC ROTOR/WHEEL CENTERING

ARPM

Jul 8, 2004
PUERTO RICO
It's been over 2 years I did my 65 vert Crown Vic rear disc conversion and always had problems centering the rear rotors and my Eagle 211 wheels. I opted not to build or buy centering rings because the chances of loosing one of them was always present at every show I attended. Since I tilt my car side ways using my "Liqui Tiltler" 3 wheels must be removed for the 90 degree tilt jack to work. Also I used the "Tiltler" for "pre-show" under carriage detailing so removing and installing them was a high risk.

Since most cars are either "Lug Centered" or "Hub Centered" I took the "Lug Centered" approach for mine. After measuring the rotor stud holes and measuring my wheels lug holes I choose the DORMAN 610-148.1 stud that perfectly fit my axles and had a shoulder length of .750 in with enough meat to fit at least .130 in inside my wheel to center it.

The only mod I did was to drill out the rotors holes with a .625 in bit and everything fitted perfectly. I have close to .495 of thread for the wheel nut and the wheels already had the .625 in dia holes in them for a perfect centering. This stud may fit other wheels since only .130 in is inserted into the wheel holes. Here are the specs of the stud.

REAR%20STUDS.jpg

• Sponsors (?)