Here's the powertrain as it stands, comments?

DarkMesa8

Founding Member
Oct 15, 2002
Orlando, FL
Here's my 351W setup as it stands, please comment on what I could do differently for a little more power here or there.

1976 351W block .030 over (SET)
AFR 185 58cc stud heads (PLANNED)
Hydraulic Roller Conversion (SET)
FTI Custom Hydraulic Roller Cam (SET)
Edelbrock Performer RPM 351 Intake (PLANNED)

DSS Forged flat top pistons (SET)
Stock Rods with ARP studs (SET)
Stock Crank (SET)

Mac 1 3/4 Longtubes (SET)
2.5" Prochamber (SET)
2.5" Flowpath mufflers (SET)

Redline 6500 RPMS (PLANNED)

So... everything with a (PLANNED) next to it can be changed. This is a weekend warrior and by no means a daily driver. I have a TwEECer R/T and a wideband O2 sensor to tune it all.

Would you change any of the planned items? How much power do you think this motor is capable of?

• Sponsors (?)

streetflossin said:
since it wont be a daily driver you should stroker it, good kits go for around 1600 and up to 419ci. my 351 is a little more stronger, it should push me into the 500hp range.

Yeah, ran out of budget figuring out how to fit this thing into the car. Almost did a poor man's stroker, but decided not to waste my money on cheap parts, and just waste no money using the stock parts.

When I'm out of college in a few years, I'll be stroking it upwards 400+ cubic inches, forged everything, and a supercharger. That's when the big money is going into it.

For now, I needed a new motor and decided to get a 351W instead of a 347 stroker.