Heres what the hitting sounds like!!!!!!!!!!

man i feel for you. that is the kind of situation i'm sure i'd get myself into if i did that of major work myself. i know it must be frustrating and you are probably worried about it, but try to remember that it there are lots of worse things out there that could happen, and that you will figure this out and get it running great again.

you have made it a long way and you are almost there.

• Sponsors (?)

thanks for the heads up, im just been stressing right now. the car's messed, one of my good friends passed away in a atv accident, and karma is a real bitch!!

GRGT1994 said:
Ya, and it probably wouldn't be so regular. How regular and proportional to engine speed it is makes it sound like it's something inside the engine.

I used whatever pushrods cam in the trickflow top end kit. You could call the SummitRacing or TFI tech lines. The are usually pretty quick to answer the phone and good with details like that.
it follows the rpm were ever it goes. i wanna rev it up to like 4 and see if it still does it but im scared.

is that a compression test? by the way i didn't wanna sound stupid, but when i was doing the rockers. some rods i could push down fairly easy, and others i couldn't, and the rods sit on the lifters. so.........

Guero said:
what are the specs on the b-31 cam? that way ill call summit and ask what rods i should get

Here are the specs:
N2O or S/C 8-15 lb 302 c.i.d. Best performer for 1.6 R.R., stock pistons and 6200 rpm. Great with TFS or Edelbrock heads. Minimum 30lb injectors and 80mm mass air. Recommend 3.55 or 3.73 gears. Good drivability down to 1900 rpm, mild idle, rpm range 2400-6200, works good with 89-95 EEC, needs 2600-3000 converter. Great N.A. cam for 94-95 Mustang with great drivability.

I forgot this
Specs:
218/228 @ .050
.544/.544

Man I hope you fix your problem,im almost done with my H/C and im a little nervous to start my car.Good luck with your car.

with an adjustable pushrod length checker

basically you bold the head on, drop in the adjustable pushrod then tq down the rocker

after that you adjsut the pushrod untill its tight in there. pull the rocker off and measure how big the pushrod is and order the correct length

if you suspect the pushrods to be bent; unbolt the rocker arms and pull them up and roll them on a flat surface like a pool stick to see if they are bent or anything. If you don't want to unbolt the rocker arms turn the engine until each valve is closed. When each valve is closed you can spin the push rods with your fingers to see if any are in a bind or anything. I say take your intake off and inspect the lifters. If watch who wants to be a millionaire, the audience is always right. If everyone here is saying it sounds like the lifters or the push rods then it probly is. You should get polyurethane motor mounts by the way. I saw your video. My engine shook probly twice as bad as yours does before I installed the polyurethane motor mounts. Now it really feels like the engines power is transfering 100%. Good luck with the tear down.

Guerro, seriously start calling tech lines. The Summit Racing and TFS tech lines will be a lifesaver here. Call them. Since Summit Racing owns TFS (or the other way around) you should get essentially the same advice from either, but I'd try both and compare notes. They can tell you what length pushrods you need.

Then also call Danny at Anderson Ford. If you catch Danny with a minute or two to spare, he can be quite helpful. Make sure you tell him you bought his cam. He can tell you the pushrod length too. Only problem with Danny is that he is usually busy, so try back if you catch him at a bad moment.

Oh and by the way, I did the TFS top end kit with the street heat intake. The only swap I made on that set was the b-31 cam from AFM. And the pushrods that came in the kit seem to work fine. But like a moron, I didn't even think to ask about pushrod length. Please let me know if you find that I got the wrong length.

i called summit and they told i need to buy the thing to check the size. lol. so i ordered it. im waiting to get it now. i would take it to the chop. but theres no trustworthy people, and my mechanic said he dont want me to get mad at him, so i understand. theres a all mustang shop, but they have a bad wrep for trading out good parts fro their crap.
im gona replace the rods and the lifters, and go from there, if still no good, chances are im gonna get rid of it and get me an 03 cobra. ive been looking at one since all this crap happened.

slocomo said:
if you suspect the pushrods to be bent; unbolt the rocker arms and pull them up and roll them on a flat surface like a pool stick to see if they are bent or anything. If you don't want to unbolt the rocker arms turn the engine until each valve is closed. When each valve is closed you can spin the push rods with your fingers to see if any are in a bind or anything. I say take your intake off and inspect the lifters. If watch who wants to be a millionaire, the audience is always right. If everyone here is saying it sounds like the lifters or the push rods then it probly is. You should get polyurethane motor mounts by the way. I saw your video. My engine shook probly twice as bad as yours does before I installed the polyurethane motor mounts. Now it really feels like the engines power is transfering 100%. Good luck with the tear down.
were did you get you r mounts? you have a link? my car does shake alot to, it gets annoying at times.