Engine Hesitates To Start.

Hi I have a 99 Mustang GT and my car seems to have trouble starting after i drive to a couple places like if i have some errands to do. And as soon as i start it it starts and immediately sounds like its gonna die it's like it's hesitating. The last 2 times with in 2 months it died when starting up. I really want to figure out what is causing this. Some people were trying to tell me its because of this Las Vegas heat but i doubt.

• Sponsors (?)

How does the car drive otherwise?

Try this. Cycle the key multiple times on/pause/off without cranking. Listen for the fuel pump to run each time. Does this improve starting? If so, suspect fuel pressure leak down or a weak fuel pump.

How does the car drive otherwise?

Try this. Cycle the key multiple times on/pause/off without cranking. Listen for the fuel pump to run each time. Does this improve starting? If so, suspect fuel pressure leak down or a weak fuel pump.

Once it starts the car drives like a dream. Ill try cycling the key a few times and listen for the pump the next time i go out and will let you know.

That sounds a lot like the idle air-control valve. My car would start and hesitate for a bit, then fire up. When I would clutch in the RPMs would drop very low (caused it to die a few times actually). I figured I'd replace that before the fuel filter, and it fixed it. Glad you solved the problem though!