Hesitating randomly... plugs? wires? which ones?

I have a 99 Cobra and I have felt a hesitation once or twice in the past four months. It would happen when I would give it a lot of gas, take a second, then go. Yesterday on my way home from work I felt similar hesitations about six or seven times usually when it was in gear and i was giving it some gas. I could not tell if it was doing it while idleing because the tach was not jumping, it was quite constant except for when the AC would kick in. I have about 45k on the car and I believe the wires were original along with plugs. I bought the car with 32k on it. I was wondering if I could have some advice on if this seems to be the issue and if so; what wires to get and plugs if need be. I want to try the wires for now and if later on it still happens it might be a coil pack. Thanks for any help you can give me

• Sponsors (?)

Well there are no "wires" per se on your cobra. Ford uses the COP (Coil On Plug) system, consisting of a coilpack that plugs on top each sparkplug.
It's possible that a faulty coilpack could be responsible for a misfire though. Is there a check engine light? Have you examined the sparkplugs?
Check the basics, fuel/spark, etc...dirty air filter or fuel filter too. :shrug:

thanks for the clarification

thanks for the clarification, I though the wires attached to the coil packs and those were on top of the spark plugs. no check engine light is coming on but i will try and stop by an autozone to see if there are any codes. Any ideas on purchasing coil packs, from where/whom/brand? thanks for the help. I will also need suggestion on fuel filter to go along with my oil change. Thanks again. so does anyone have suggestions for coil packs or is only buying from Ford the way to go.

Just go put in some Bosch platinum plugs and you will be all set. I had that same proble a few weeks ago in my 99 and now it is no more. I hear they are good plugs too. my 99 dynoed today at 281 :D