Hesitation

Anaconda

Founding Member
Aug 13, 2000
Memphis, Tn
While driving my 89 GT, I get a hesitation while accerating then it will take off like a cannon. Once I slow back down it does the same thing again. I have replaced the fuel filter & checked the wires. Would the map sensor have anything to do with this matter? Mods are B303, Cobra intake, throttle body & mass air. No fun driving it at the moment. Someone please step in and advise. Any assistance would be GREAT!!!:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

you know i'm right there with ya, just put my cam and ported heads on and have the same exact problem. After say 2500 its like a rocket but will hesitate below that. I was thinking it may be something to do with my cam being installed straight up rather than advanced Let me know if you have any luck fixing your problem, because mine is getting :bang:

I know it seems simple, but your mass air was calibrated for your proper injectors right? and what about the TPS? if it doesnt run fine at idle I would start there. Could also be your map sensor, but I would think this would actually still cause problems after 2500...